Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear fellow gamers,

if I spend CPs on an empty or selfoccupied item of the issue track to get (more) support cubes there, I spend 1 CP for the first cube of the same action and item, and 2 CPs for the second and every further support cube in the same action on the same item of the issue track. Everything clear so far.

But what, if a certain item of the issue track is occupied by, let's say one support cube of the opponent. Then I first clear that cube at a cost of one CP. But after that, the first cube I place on that emptied item in the same action phase, does it cost 1 CP also, or does it cost 2 CP?

Thanks in advance,

Hermjard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just think of how many cubes you're buying. It's basically irrelevant who has cubes on the issue and how many there are.

Case 1: Your opponent has 1 cube on the issue.
You buy one cube, to eliminate your opponents cube. That's your first one, it costs 1 CP.
You buy a second cube, place it on the spot. That's your second cube, it costs 2.
Total: 3

Case 2: You current have 3 cubes on the issue.
You buy one cube, place it on the spot. That's your first one, it costs 1 CP.
You buy a second cube, place it on the spot. That's your second cube, it costs 2.
Total: 3

Same thing. You bought 2, you pay 1+2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Link
United States
Snowmass Village
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Hmm ... I assumed the 'issues track' was the only part of the game that could have cubes of both players on it, because the rules said something like 'whomever has the most cubes' when deciding who is leading an issue. However, it does seem intuitive to treat them like the rest...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules Page 11 sidebar:

Quote:
Reminder: Only a single player may ever have support cubes on the same issue tile at the same time. The usual "remove opposing cubes first" rules apply when adding issue support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.