Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking of ordering this game and see the expansions. I'll be playing this a bit with 2 player, but seeking solo play as well. Will the expansions make the solo game more fun too or are they expanding upon the multiplay games only? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Every card in all 3 expansions can be used for solo play. We have all 3 of them at home and can attest to the fact that the game is even better with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the info Brian. That is good news indeed. I will buy the whole bunch when I get the cash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dunaway
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lazareth,

Any of the game styles, including the Solo Mission, can be played with any, all or none of the expansions (with the exception of the Extermination game styles which requires the Exterminator Zombis found in the Reinforcements expansion), which add new missions, characters, equipment items and Zombis. Each expansion adds two new ways to play the game and there are 3 additional game styles available on the website at http://www.realmsmastersgameforge.com/membersnewgamestyles.h....

If you order from our website, you can get the entire "Tear My Limbs Off" bundle for $25 ($10 off the MSRP). The website address for ordering this bundle is http://www.realmsmastersgameforge.com/tearmylimbsoffbundle.h....

BTW, the spelling of Zombi without the 'e' is not a misprint, it was done intentionally as Zombi is the old-world spelling of the word.

You also might want to check out the Chaos Isle Strategy Guide which can be downloaded from the files section of the BGG Chaos Isle page.

Jim
Organized Play Program Manager
RealmsMasters Game Forge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info Jim. I just picked the set up today in fact. Spent a good deal of time on your website too. Lots of good info. Been reading the rules, going over some of the Q&A, and reading the back story. So cool. Also saw that a new expansion will be coming soon. Is there a price and release date lined up?

Ok, I'll go search out that strategy guide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dunaway
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome, Lazareth.

The price of the expansion and the street date has not yet been determined as we are still play testing it. Rise of the Creator really rocks. The plan is to have it released sometime in November.

Here's the direct link to the strategy guide
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/58031/chaos-isle-strat...

Thanks for buying Chaos Isle!thumbsup

Jim
RealmsMasters Game Forge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dunaway
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another little goodie that was just approved by BGG admins

This is a quick reference guide I created for all of the currently available game styles, including those only found on the website.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/58653/chaos-isle-game-...

Jim
RealmsMasters Game Forge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rise of the Creator..cool name! I appreciated the info, November isn't too far away.

Thank you very much for the links to the info. Printed off the guide.

Being able to play solo was a major deal when I considered this game. Perhaps in the new expansion you cold come up with a new solo twist as well, or maybe a solo specific card or two. Either way will be buying it when it comes out.

Have a great weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got a chance to sit down with the base game for a few hours. Liking it very much. Some characters are easier than others in terms of speed and who you can run from. Course I wind up creasing one of my "Bone Collector" cards 4th game in (shuffling while watching tv not good). haha

In the middle of a game right now. Just survived 2 Stalkers..and then pulled 2 more next round. Using Travis, down to 3 hit points. I have the .45 which I've enjoyed using.

If I'm playing the Stalkers right they get 3 attacks. 1 bite, then 2 seperate claw attacks.

Also had a chane to use Salty. If I'm reading his stealing action correctly that means each turn in a battle I can try to steal, rather than attacking the monster. So if he's lucky he could steal quite a lot of equipment during one battle correct? Maybe I should post this on the official site...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Salty can only attempt to steal once per turn, not every battle turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.