Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Patnode
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have two questions that perhaps have been addressed but I need to ask anyway.

1. When a card has both an "I Demand" and a "Non-Demand" Dogma such as the "Enterprise" card (4) and I do not have the majority of the specified icon, in this case "crowns"; I understand I cannot perform the "I Demand" dogma. However, can the second dogma be performed whereby the other players with equal or more crowns playing first?

2. If I have melded only one yellow card and subsequently perform a dogma that permits "splaying" my yellow cards, will all future melded yellow cards (in addition to my 1 yellow card) be splayed, or must I wait until I have more than 1 melded card before any splaying action becomes effective?

Thank you for your help in my understanding of these two points.

Terry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
terrymoto wrote:
I have two questions that perhaps have been addressed but I need to ask anyway.

1. When a card has both an "I Demand" and a "Non-Demand" Dogma such as the "Enterprise" card (4) and I do not have the majority of the specified icon, in this case "crowns"; I understand I cannot perform the "I Demand" dogma. However, can the second dogma be performed whereby the other players with equal or more crowns playing first?

2. If I have melded only one yellow card and subsequently perform a dogma that permits "splaying" my yellow cards, will all future melded yellow cards (in addition to my 1 yellow card) be splayed, or must I wait until I have more than 1 melded card before any splaying action becomes effective?

Thank you for your help in my understanding of these two points.

Terry

1. I believe you ignore the "I Demand" part and treat the second part normally. I'd like clarification on this too though.

2. You cannot splay a pile with 0 or 1 cards in it. You may only splay a pile if it has 2 or more cards. If it ever gets down to 1 card after a pile becomes splayed, you'll have to use an action to re-splay it in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, they are two separate effects and they are handled in order. You would do the I Demand effect first and resolve any other players with less icons and then the second effect takes place for anyone with equal or more.

2. In the rules, it points out that a single card pile is never considered splayed, so even if you have an effect that splays a yellow pile in a direction, unless there's more than one card, the splay never takes effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.