Jeremy Salinas
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Man Vs Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been running an HD Video Series here on BGG.com that revolves solely around Components found in various Board Games.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/58158/drakkenstrikes-compo...

Puzzle Strike is definitely one of those games that intrigues me to no end, and I would love to shoot a video in Full HD and post it here for others to see. Unfortunately, like most people, I am a little worried about the quality of the components that were released in the first batch.

As seen in some of my videos, I am mainly interested in high value, high expense Components, thus the Deluxe Version is right up my alley.

My question is, besides BGG, is there any other site that has actual pictures of what these components look like? I have seen all the pics here, and have been to Puzzle Strike's website, but most of those pics are just mockups and don't show the actual quality of what's coming off the press.

Any help would be appreciated in pointing me in the right direction. I would really like to find a good set of pics that I can use to make my decision on whether or not this is something I would like to feature.

Jeremy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The factory has been a bit slow on production. Most of us are still waiting for our deluxe sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H J

London
msg tools
badge
mb
You're best to wait until some newer versions of the Deluxe set come out - then you'll have a better idea of its actual quality.

For example, I've got the first of the first editions of Puzzle Strike Deluxe*. THe printing quality isn't good. However my replacement chips - and I believe all copies of PS from now on - will be done on an upgraded printer and using new colour files.

I'm editing my overview video now, so I have to draw attention to the flaws. But I'll point out that my copy won't necessarily represent the production quality for most people.

*I got a wooden chip inside the box that said I either had the first or seventh copy; the hand-written number could be interpreted as either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
People in the Eastern US should be getting their deluxe copies next week, so you'll probably see some real pics from them soon. Let's hope the production quality will be much improved. It will be great once printing is good enough that we can talk about the actual gameplay instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sirlin wrote:
People in the Eastern US should be getting their deluxe copies next week, so you'll probably see some real pics from them soon. Let's hope the production quality will be much improved. It will be great once printing is good enough that we can talk about the actual gameplay instead.

*checks map*

That's me! Awesome news

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.