Subject: Figure Scale vs. 28mm and vs Talisman minatures. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Irish Man
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Could any kind soul give me an understanding of the Figure scale for Defenders? Also is there someone who could place the defenders figures next to the new FFG Talisman figures? I have heard they are in the same scale.

Please post a pic, and I will GeekGold tip!

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Martial Solal - Bluesine || Balade du 10 Mars || Just Friends || In & Out
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm an advocate for the game generally, but have to say figure scale is problematic. A close look at this image of the heros should give you an idea:

To put it bluntly, some of the figures seem badly out of scale with others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irish Man
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general what is the scale though? If I put them next to a 28mm figure would they be grossly out of place? What about a 28mm figure next to a minion.

Im thinking about buying 28mm figures to replace the heros, so I have both male and female versions of each figure.

Id like to do it without replacing all 100 minions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Talisman figures would be smaller than 28mm overall and by FFG's admission, not even in scale with each other (Yes, I'm looking at you Necromancer!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irish Man
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for that response. I have heard that the Defenders of the Realm figures are also smaller thatn 28mm. Can anyone confirm that?

I guess what I really need to know is how does a normal 28mm fantasy figure look next to one of the minions figures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Shepherd
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As you can see (kind of - sorry about the blur there!), the Defenders figures are a tad smaller, but dont let that put you off replacing them with others. The minions are more markers than figures, and there are only 4 generals to replace if the differnece between tehm and the "new" heroes bothered you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seems heroes are 1/76 or 20mm i believe. Ordered some 1/76 skeletons to start replacing armies. Orcs are next. Cant find any demon or lizard like army for under $15.

Plan to use reaper 25- 28mm just for the generals. B/c only 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Nogg
msg tools
Christopher,
You mentioned that you ordered some skeletons to replace armies. Could you provide a link to the ones you ordered? I'd like to do the same.
Thanks!!
J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.