Hide
11 Posts

Axis & Allies Europe 1940» Forums » Rules

Subject: Neutrality is the ultimate defense rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
russell shrinks
msg tools
Hey this is my first time posting so if i screw something up don't kill me ok?
But recently i was playing a global game of A&A and China had a large force of artillery and Inf. going to attack Kiangsu which had a weak Japanese defense and a Major IC, All the Axis player had to do was get a nearby Italian transport with a tank and an inf. to sit in Kiangsu to not allow China to attack.
We were confused about what to do because Italy hadn't declared war on China, and in the rules it says that China can't declare war on a European Nation unless that Nation declares war on China. So this left the game to the point where Japan didn't have to worry about China taking the IC and eventually getting strong enough to roll over China with tanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Aleman
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I believe the act of entering Chinese territories causes war with China...even if the Chinese territory is captured by Japan, it is still occupied China, hence a Chinese territory.

If they are not at war, the other way to look at it is this: You can attack the Japanese territory and simply ignore the Italian units in the zone. Just as you ignore ships of a nation you are not at war with when attacking a sea zone.

Strange, none the less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my question: How did Japan not close the Burma road T1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome, Russell!

This is a glitch in the global political rules. It will be fixed in the FAQ. China should be able to declare war on Italy under those circumstances.

jamesaleman wrote:
I believe the act of entering Chinese territories causes war with China...even if the Chinese territory is captured by Japan, it is still occupied China, hence a Chinese territory.

No, currently only attacking a Chinese-held territory is prohibited.

jamesaleman wrote:
If they are not at war, the other way to look at it is this: You can attack the Japanese territory and simply ignore the Italian units in the zone. Just as you ignore ships of a nation you are not at war with when attacking a sea zone.

That only works at sea. On land, attacking a territory containing units belonging to a power with which you're not at war is prohibited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
russell shrinks
msg tools
Alright, but I have 2 questions.
1. Would this be the same if this situation were to happen in Burma or Kwangtung?
2. When do you believe this FAQ will come out, and where can I find it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes.
2. It's hard to say when at this point, but it will be at Larry Harris' site and at the AAE40 Product Page on the Wizards site. I'll post an announcement in the News Forum when it's published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woody Wever
msg tools
Quote:
This is a glitch in the global political rules. It will be fixed in the FAQ. China should be able to declare war on Italy under those circumstances.

Is it possible to already reveal how exactly this glitch will be fixed?
Under what exact circumstances is China able to declare war on a Euro Axis?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
China is allowed to declare war on any Axis power that moves units into a territory into which China is allowed to move units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hayes
Canada
Niagara Falls
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
China still can't move out of Chinese or Japanese territory though right? The way I understand it China can not enter Soviet or British territory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woody Wever
msg tools
Most Holy wrote:
China still can't move out of Chinese or Japanese territory though right? The way I understand it China can not enter Soviet or British territory?

China's movement is limited to original Chinese territories (note that Japan has captured several Chinese territories already at start of the game, these are still accessible by China) + a couple more which are mentioned in the P40 rulebook. (some British and some Japanese IIRC)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Declaring war upon a European Axis power doesn't allow China to enter any territories that it couldn't already enter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.