Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: The City vs. The Castle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I have heard some good things about both games. If you had to choose one to purchase, which one would you buy? Incidentally, neither is an option, but you gotta say why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C'mon Jason
There are so many factors here but if it was one City

Scales well
Bit deeper
Great presentation

oh BTW in real life I am buying Castle Factors baby Factors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
depends
For 2P, I prefered the Castle. Why? Don't know, really. If I had to say, um, well, I don't know. Maybe it's just that I learned it first?

I enjoyed the City, though, and that of course does more than 2P. If you play more than 2 a lot, I'd go for the City. If you will play 2P most often, I'd go for the Castle.

I hope that helps, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't......

shake

caravan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the City.
Castle is...well a term that I can't use as there are children that use this site.

I pawned my copy of The Castle off to a friend. He isn't my friend anymore. Because of the game. No, seriously. He stopped talking to me because the game was that bad. Just don't do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The City wins, hands down. The gameplay is deeper and, IMHO, a much more fun game. The Castle sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.