Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Filthy degenerate gaming. Yeeha. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Leveille
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I got together recently to play some games with another couple. We brought with us some newly acquired games to teach them. These included Oceania, Gloom, Killer Bunnies and Attribut. Things started off nicely enough with Bunnies. They picked up the mechanics quickly and got into the spirit it of it (aggressive play that denies other players of bunnies) immediately. A great time was had by all.

The next game we tried was Gloom. This darkly funny game got us into the spirit as we tried to out-macabre each other. The flavor-text on the cards provided much amusement and we elaborated as much as possible. This game may not work with all groups (especially victory-point strategists with no sense of ha-ha), but it was perfectly suited for this lighter night of games.

Finally, after a few bottles of wine, we broke out Attribut. Keep in mind that I purchased this for family play with my 8-year old (who was, at this point, playing on another floor of the house). Our plays of this at home were chaste, pleasant affairs.

Well, with the alcohol flowing and having warmed up on the first couple of games, Attribut quickly degenerated into a perverted, R-rated affair that had us crying from laughter. Almost from the first hand, various body parts and marital acts became subject matter. The players of the game themselves became topics of bemusement, and many accusatory swear words were hurled (in good fun) across the table. It got to the point were players were setting themselves up for ribbing. We started to be dissappointed when some clean choices were offered up. It turned into a contest as to who could offer up the lewdist subjects.

Well, needless to say, this disgusting circle of filth and perversion lead to one of the best times I've had at a gaming night in a long time. While I enjoy a serious evening of strategic gaming, every once in a while, a good, hard dose of uncontrollable belly laughing is just what the doctor ordered. It reminded me that games don't neccesarily have to be play-balance, complicated affairs. Sometimes, just having your friends try to match adjectives to your genitals is good enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
In English, "Attribut" means "filthy whore"
Quote:
Sometimes, just having your friends try to match adjectives to your genitals is good enough.

I've played both Attribute and Apples to Apples and agree with comments I've heard that Attribute is the dirty version of AtA.

The two surely had nothing to do with one another when they were being designed, but it's easy to compare them now. The difference, of course, is that the game chooses the topic in Apples, while the player chooses the topic in Attribute. How else would we have come up with topics like "three-way" and "strap on"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.