6 Posts

Hybrid» Forums » Rules

Subject: Base to base contact, brutish strenght, the Exorcist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Etunimi Sukunimi
msg tools
Hello,

I have a few assorted rule questions that I would like clarifications for.

From the rewritten rules, p. 13:
A fighter cannot leave base-to-base contact with an enemy fighter and then reinitiate base-to-base contact with the same enemy during the same Activation.

If I move diagonally from one side of the enemy fighter to another side, is this considered breaking base-to-base contact? In each step I'm in contact, but with a different side.

p. 32:
BRUTISH STRENGTH/X When this fighter attacks in Offensive Combat mode and succeeds in the attack, the enemy must retreat straight back X squares, even if the enemy is not wounded.

So even If the attack is parried, it is still considered succesful, and the opponent is knocked back?

The Exorcist can neutralise an opponent's aptitude. If he neutralises the 'mutation' -aptitude, does this cancel a mutation that has already taken place, or does it only cancel the ability to use mutation cards on this warrior?

Can figures use offensive combat or firing from outside the game board? What if an enemy is standing on the entrance tile and preventing them from stepping into the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
They're Young, They're in Love... They eat LARD
mbmbmbmbmb
kayttajanimi wrote:
Hello,

I have a few assorted rule questions that I would like clarifications for.

From the rewritten rules, p. 13:
A fighter cannot leave base-to-base contact with an enemy fighter and then reinitiate base-to-base contact with the same enemy during the same Activation.

If I move diagonally from one side of the enemy fighter to another side, is this considered breaking base-to-base contact? In each step I'm in contact, but with a different side.

From the glossary (end of rulebook):
Base-to-Base Contact: any time a fighter's base is adjacent to another fighter or an element of the scenery the fighter is in base-to-base contact. Fighters and scenery that are diagonally across from one another are not in base-to-base contact.
Quote:
p. 32:
BRUTISH STRENGTH/X When this fighter attacks in Offensive Combat mode and succeeds in the attack, the enemy must retreat straight back X squares, even if the enemy is not wounded.

So even If the attack is parried, it is still considered succesful, and the opponent is knocked back?

Yes.
Quote:
The Exorcist can neutralise an opponent's aptitude. If he neutralises the 'mutation' -aptitude, does this cancel a mutation that has already taken place, or does it only cancel the ability to use mutation cards on this warrior?

Nullify does not cancel an Aptitude or it's effects, it suspends their use for one game round.
Quote:
Can figures use offensive combat or firing from outside the game board?

No.
Quote:
What if an enemy is standing on the entrance tile and preventing them from stepping into the board?

No, fighters that have not entered the mission cannot attack from "off-board". Per the rules the Access counters are not part of the laboratory (see Counters section).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etunimi Sukunimi
msg tools
epilgrim wrote:
Base-to-Base Contact: any time a fighter's base is adjacent to another fighter or an element of the scenery the fighter is in base-to-base contact. Fighters and scenery that are diagonally across from one another are not in base-to-base contact.

But if I'm in base-to-base contact with an enemy, and I move one square diagonally so that I'm in base-to-base contact with the same enemy on another square, is this considered breaking base-to-base contact?

epilgrim wrote:
Nullify does not cancel an Aptitude or it's effects, it suspends their use for one game round.

So if a clone has a mutation already applied, does he lose the benefits of the mutation for one round, or does suspending the mutation aptitude mean that no new mutations can be applied, but the ones already applied remain in effect?

epilgrim wrote:
No, fighters that have not entered the mission cannot attack from "off-board". Per the rules the Access counters are not part of the laboratory (see Counters section).

Can an enemy stand on the access counter? If he can, then he blocks any figures from entering play, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kayttajanimi wrote:
epilgrim wrote:

But if I'm in base-to-base contact with an enemy, and I move one square diagonally so that I'm in base-to-base contact with the same enemy on another square, is this considered breaking base-to-base contact?

Sorry, my misunderstanding. As you described the positioning and movement this is breaking base-to-base contact and reinitiating base-to-base; this move is not allowed in Hybrid.

next exchange wrote:
epilgrim wrote:

So if a clone has a mutation already applied, does he lose the benefits of the mutation for one round, or does suspending the mutation aptitude mean that no new mutations can be applied, but the ones already applied remain in effect?

The fighter cannot access the Mutation/X Aptitude for one round, this prevents them from applying a new card and its effects. Any active Mutation is not affected. Note: an applied Mutation is not an Aptitude, however, an applied Mutation may grant an Aptitude that could be targeted by Nullify.

last exchange wrote:
epilgrim wrote:

Can an enemy stand on the access counter? If he can, then he blocks any figures from entering play, right?

The Access counters are only for exit and entry; they are not part of the laboratory. Since a fighter cannot "camp" on an Access counter this situation cannot occur.

It may come to pass that an enemy fighter can block a single-width Access counter by standing in the adjacent space within the laboratory. A fighter attempting use the Access counter (entering or exiting) can attempt to slip by using a Novice Maneuver (Mv/2) or attack the blocking fighter. As a result a fighter entering the laboratory may be delayed on the Access counter preventing other friendly fighters from using that entry point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Ideas are bulletproof
badge
I think, therefore I am, I think
mbmbmbmbmb
epilgrim wrote:
kayttajanimi wrote:
epilgrim wrote:

Sorry, my misunderstanding. As you described the positioning and movement this is breaking base-to-base contact and reinitiating base-to-base; this move is not allowed in Hybrid.

Can you move away from a fighter that you are in base to base contact with, and like in the example above re-initiate contact by moving diagonally, but then continue moving and end up not touching the fighter after you are done with your move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dagobal wrote:
epilgrim wrote:
kayttajanimi wrote:
epilgrim wrote:

Can you move away from a fighter that you are in base to base contact with, and like in the example above re-initiate contact by moving diagonally, but then continue moving and end up not touching the fighter after you are done with your move?

Yes, in your example the intent is NOT to re-initiate contact, breaking contact to moving past the enemy fighter is ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.