Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have done away with the bucket full of dice Tac rules of AP.When our TF makes contact we transfer the ships to our tabletop to do combat(we made up some rules for the transfer situation),the combat is handled by the computer assited program "Shipbase 3",all the booking is kept by the SB3 program, and no die rolling;we use our ship minitures 1:2400 but you can also use the cardboard ship pieces that come with the game. This makes for a more realistic fun filled game.Our Tac System takes just a little longer than the AP system does,but it is sure worth the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of like Fleet Action Imminent by Old Dominion Game Works. The gunnery system is pretty good:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/32353/fleet-action-im...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the Great War At Sea games and modules primarily to use as campaigns for FAI games. But having started preparing for play, I find I can enjoy them either as a board game or as a minis game scenario generator. There are simply too many ships that historically never saw action that can be brought to the table through using these games to create encounters.

Tom Oxley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Where can I find shipbase 3? I've looked everywhere, including the possibilty of downloading a bootleg (such is my desire!) and could I run it on a modern computer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.