Subject: HiS + SoR + PoG = ?$ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Smith
Canada
Parrsboro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
boom, boom, ramming speed, boom boom, boom, ludicrous speed, boom boom...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am planning on selling a copy of Here I Stand (plus 2 player cards), Sword of Rome (no 5th player) and Paths of Glory.

HiS was purchased new, is punched, but essentially unplayed. I set it up once and game group changed their mind that day.

PoG and SoR I purchased as excellent condition/complete but used and both are still in that state.

I was going to just purchase the new mounted maps. I really like the Successors mounted map and can avoid the plexi glass glare with new maps for HiS+SoR+PoG.

However, I couldn't help myself and preordered the new updates and my initial thought plan to sell the old ones for "Pre-order - mounted map" cost to let other gamers get tham at a low price.

My quandry is

should I sell them as a set or one by one?

should I just keep them and buy the mounted maps? and

what would be the real fair price if I were to sell them?

Any thoughts appreciated, as this is first time selling from my collection.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would probably sell them separately, but don't be surprised if they don't bring much. New editions kill the value of old editions in most cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Smith
Canada
Parrsboro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
boom, boom, ramming speed, boom boom, boom, ludicrous speed, boom boom...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brandon,

It's a bummer (re new release/superceding) considering I had to hunt many months to get them at a decent price...it was a big surprise that GMT would reprint so many at once.

I was just thinking that "pre order$ - mounted map$" works out to:

HiS 60-14 = 46$
PoG 42-14 = 28$
SoR 45-14 = 31$

I was just pondering whether someone out there would pay 105$ for all three or pick and choose. Wasn't looking to make a profit...

They might be easliy worth that after the preorder pricing at GMT is ended this month.

I guess you're right. I'll eBay em at those prices individually starting in Oct...unless some one else reads this and is interested. I'll post something to each game's thread later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.