Hide
3 Posts

Kulm 20 Expansion Kit» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Dresden/Kulm merged game solo replay - the fifth day of battle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David McKenna
msg tools
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
mbmbmbmbmb

Click here to withdraw to day four

Turn 21: August 29, Morning (Allied morale 4, French morale 9)
Weather = Clear

(random event = “Watch and Wait” Cards reshuffled)
G+R moves into the woods to their north as Prussian II corps moves along road towards Dippoldiswalde, and Russian II cavalry moves east of Austrian IV corps. 1Lt moves through Eichwald towards Altenberg, Russian Cv moves through Lauenstein towards Glasshutte, with Austrian Cu moving into Lauenstein. Finally, Russian II corps moves up in support of their own I corps.

I cavalry counter-charges Russian I corps, routing the defenders 2 hexes and advancing after combat.

Russian II corps attacks I cavalry, routing the defenders 2 hexes and also advancing after combat.

(random event = “Nous les Avons!” French player may add 1 to one of opponents rout rolls this turn)
YG moves down road towards Glasshutte as I moves into Dresden and VI moves into Dippoldiswalde. II moves to engage Russian II cavalry, with I cavalry recovering from rout effects.

Russian II cavalry counter-charges II, but are routed 4 hexes (roll of 3, French player adds +1)(-1 Allied morale) back through Falkenhain, with II advancing after combat.

Cv commits reserves (-1 French morale) against Russian II corps, forcing the defenders to withdraw and also advancing after combat. II attacks Austrian IV, also forcing a withdrawal but opting not to advance.

situation at end of turn 21

Turn 22: August 29, Mid-day (Allied morale 3, French morale 8)
Weather = Clear

(random event = “Sacre Bleu!” French lose morale point)
Russian II cavalry, III, Austrian IV and Prussian II all move to engage II (surrounding them with ZOCs) as 1Lt continues along road towards Altenberg. Russian Cv moves through Glasshutte, with Austrian Cu moving into that location.

Cv counter-charges Russian II corps, only remaining engaged against them.

Russian II corps attacks Cv, forcing the defenders to withdraw (into Bahratal) and advancing after combat. Prussian II, Austrian IV, Russian II cavalry and III all combine against II, breaking them outright (+1 Allied morale, -1 French morale). II cavalry advance after combat.

(random event = “Send a Courier!” No effect as no units to release)
I continues down road towards Karsdorf as VI moves onto the rough ground between Dippoldiswalde and Reinhurtsgrimma. YG moves into the woods to their south-west, and I cavalry moves east of Cv.

Russian Cv disengages from YG, moving east to do so.

Cv and I combine against Russian II, routing the defenders 2 hexes. I cavalry pursues, and Cv advances after combat.

situation at end of turn 22

Turn 23: August 29, Afternoon (Allied morale 4, French morale 6)
Weather = Clear

(random event = “Proud banners” No effect, as no one to rally)
Prussian II corps, Russian II cavalry and III all move to engage VI as 1Lt moves through Altenberg. Austrian IV moves into the rough ground to their north, Russian Cv moves into Reinhurtsgrimma, G+R advances on Dippoldiswalde and Austrian Cu moves into the rough ground to their south-east.

I cavalry counter-charges the (routed) Russian II corps, breaking them outright (-1 Allied morale, +1 French morale) and advancing after combat.

Russian I corps attacks I cavalry, forcing I cavalry to withdraw and opting to advance after combat. Russian II cavalry, III and Prussian II all combine against VI, who commit their reserves (-1 French morale) but are still routed 4 hexes (another -1 French morale), with II cavalry pursuing and Prussian II advancing after combat.

(random event = “Avec Moi, Mes Amis!” May commit reserves to any one battle for free)
I continues to advance on Karsdorf as YG moves into Glasshutte and Cv moves north-east of Russian I corps outside Peterswald.

Austrian Cu disengages (south) from YG

(Routed) VI attacks II cavalry, but are again routed a further 6 hexes (-1 French morale) back towards Dresden, with II cavalry again giving pursuit. Cv and I cavalry commit reserves (for free) against Russian I corps, suffering a costly exchange of troops (morale +/- cancel out). The sole surviving Cv advances after combat.

situation at end of turn 23

Turn 24: August 29, Evening (Allied morale 3, French morale 4)
Weather = Clear

(random event = “Conflicting Orders” French player chooses Russian II corps as unable to move)
G+R advances on Karsdorf as Austrian IV corps moves into Dippoldiswalde. 1Lt continues to move towards Falkenhain, Russian Cv heads towards Glasshutte, as does both Russian III corps and the Prussian II corps.

With no enemy reaction or combat occurring, Allies are than able to declare this a ‘lull’ turn (+1 Allied morale)

(random event = “According to Plan” Cards reshuffled)
VI and I move, respectively, north and south of Russian II cavalry as YG moves into rough ground outside Glasshutte, and as Cv moves into Breitenau.

Austrian Cu disengages from YG, moving south-east to do so. II cavalry counter-charges VI, forcing the defenders to withdraw and advancing after combat.

VI attacks II cavalry, forcing the cavalry to withdraw south-west. VI then advances after combat.

situation at end of turn 24

Turn 25: August 29, Night (Allied morale 4, French morale 4)
Weather = Clear

(random event = “Sacre Bleu!” No effect as morale tied)
Austrian Cu moves into the rough ground to their south as 1Lt arrives in Flakenhain. Russian Cv, III and Prussian II corps all continue to move towards Glasshutte, G+R moves into Karsdorf with Austrian IV heading towards the same. Finally, II cavalry heads further south-west (moving uphill in doing so)

That night, both the Russian I and II corps remain broken, and the Allies regain 2 morale points (+2 Allied morale) from rest.

(random event = “Intelligence Gathering”. No effect as not using Fog of War)
VI and I both move adjacent to the Russian II cavalry, and that’s it for this phase!

II remains broken but I cavalry rallies in the LOC outside Pirna, and the French forces then regain a single morale point (+1 French morale) from rest.

situation at end of turn 25

Click here to advance to day six
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas E. Gebhardt
Germany
Birkenwerder
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dmcke013 wrote:

I continues down road towards Karsdorf as VI moves onto the rough ground between Dippoldiswalde and Reinhurtsgrimma. ...

David,
again you posted an outstanding AAR. Like all other AARs of yours they put oneself in the right mood really to "feel" what's going on on the battlefield. Superb job!

A small annex to the wording, as I noted twice on your narrative; The name of the saxon town is spelled REINHARTSGRIMMA (no "U" involved) whistle

THANKS again for the super AAR.

Andy (521tiger)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McKenna
msg tools
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The name of the saxon town is spelled REINHARTSGRIMMA (no "U" involved)

Noted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.