Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: BGG Zendo Game 6, Round 5 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Walker
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As always, new players may jump in at any time. Fresh views are often helpful! Find the rules here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekjournal.php3?action=viewcom...

And find the events of last turn here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekjournal.php3?action=viewcom...

A light weekend of activity, though oddly while many students professed confusion and ignorance, 4 of the 5 Master lists submitted this turn DO in fact have the Geek Nature. Is this randomness, mere copy-catting, or perhaps an intuitive understanding of the Geek Nature that has not been tapped at the conscious level?

TomVasel did "take one for the team" and used a valuable goldencamel to hazard a guess, which, while inaccurate, did solicit a counter from the Master to aid future endeavours.

We had another Mondo entry from TomVasel last turn, in this case Melee, War of the Ring which DOES have the Geek Nature. Both rynelf and s2alexan positted this correct and awarded camels...

TomVasel goldencamel
Rubric goldencamelgoldencamel
ScottBecker goldencamel
Scurra goldencamel
KentuckyKid goldencamel
rynelf goldencamelgoldencamel
mjwills goldencamel
s2alexan goldencamel

Results are as follows
HAS the Geek Nature
Army of Darkness, Axis and Allies: Europe, Wiz-war, War of the Ring (given)

*Round 1*
Army of Darkness, Axis and Allies: Europe, Melee, Munchkin (Rubric)
Melee, Munchkin (KentuckyKid)

*Round 2*
Army of Darkness, Munchkin (Scurra)
Army of Darkness, Axis and Allies, Wiz-war, War of the Ring (ScottBecker)
Melee (KentuckyKid)

*Round 3*
Army of Darkness, Munchkin, Melee (Scurra)
Melee, War of the Ring (TomVasel - Mondo)

*Round 4*
El Grande, Set, Diplomacy (given - Guess response)
Munchkin, Melee (KentuckyKid)
El Grande, Scrabble, Diplomacy (mjwills)
Army of Darkness, Axis and Allies: Europe (Rubric)
El Grande, Set (rynelf)

Does NOT have the Geek Nature:
Melee, Wizard, Car Wars, Munchkin (given)

*Round 1*
Axis & Allies: Europe, Wiz-War, War of the Ring (ScottBecker)
War of the Ring (Scurra)
War of the Ring, Wiz-War, Axis and Allies: Europe, Army of Darkness (BookandGame)
Ys, Lightning D-Day, Struggle of Empires, Geschenkt (rynelf)
Ticket to Ride, Princes of Florence, Up Front, Wallenstein (chicagometh)
Army of Darkness, Axis and Allies, Ticket to Ride, Ticket to Ride Europe, Wiz-war, War of the Ring (mjwills)
Puerto Rico, Ticket to Ride (TomVasel - Mondo)

*Round 2*
Axis and Allies, Doom: The Boardgame, Royal Turf (s2alexan)
Backgammon, Bridge, Chess, Checkers (Rubric)
Africa, Amun-Re, Pyramido, Safari, Ra, Through the Desert, Tutanchamun (seppo21)
Army of Darkness, Axis and Allies, Ticket to Ride, Ticket to Ride Europe (mjwills)
Diplomacy, Dragonland, Puerto Rico, Paths of Glory (rynelf)
War of the Ring, Melee (TomVasel - Mondo)

*Round 3*
Army of Darkness, Axis and Allies: Europe, Wizard, War of the Ring (Rubric)
Axis and Allies (ScottBecker)
Puerto Rico, El Grande, Ivanhoe, Monopoly (mjwills)
Lightning: D-Day, Ys, Struggle of Empires, Geschenkt (rynelf)

*Round 4*
Army of Darkness, Axis and Allies: Europe, Melee, Wiz-war, War of the Ring (s2alexan)

Once again, TomVasel has submitted a Mondo list

Tribulation, Sorry!, Apples to Apples

Send me your guess (whether it has or does not have the Geek Nature) by private message, and win a Golden Camel is you are correct!

Post your new master or mondo lists below. And, if you have a Golden Camel, you may now attempt to guess the Rule!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that we have only submitted 3 one-game lists so far:

Melee has the Geek Nature.

War of the Ring does not have it.
Axis & Allies does not have it.

Usually more of these get submitted. I have no conclusion based on this observation, but thought it worth mentioning, given the current stunned silence of the student body.

Anyway, here is my Master List for this round:

Army of Darkness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still lost. Everyone of my theories (and there are plenty) almost work.

I am leaning towards there being different rules based on the number of words. But just in case I am wrong, I'll knock out my other main theory.

My master:

Army of Darkness, Axis and Allies: Europe, Wiz-war, War of the Ring

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walker
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I am still lost. Everyone of my theories (and there are plenty) almost work.

I am leaning towards there being different rules based on the number of words. But just in case I am wrong, I'll knock out my other main theory.

My master:

Army of Darkness, Axis and Allies: Europe, Wiz-war, War of the Ring

Er...I believe that is the list that I originally submitted as an example of the Geek Nature, is it not? If so, please submit a different master list. The rule does not change and is not affected by which round of the game we are in.

The master is slighty abashed as this was not intended to be an intensly difficult Rule. He can only hope that the silence around him is from students who are deep in thought, and not from students who have abandoned him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Er...I believe that is the list that I originally submitted as an example of the Geek Nature, is it not? If so, please submit a different master list. The rule does not change and is not affected by which round of the game we are in.

The master is slighty abashed as this was not intended to be an intensly difficult Rule. He can only hope that the silence around him is from students who are deep in thought, and not from students who have abandoned him.

I was exploring the possibility that the list was dependent on something that changed over time (ranking, score, number of plays) or was dependent on the person who submitted it.

Obviously I was slightly off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Stephenson
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I do not run and hide... I strategically maneuver.
mbmbmbmbmb
Master
Quote:
I was exploring the possibility that the list was dependent on something that changed over time (ranking, score, number of plays) or was dependent on the person who submitted it.

Obviously I was slightly off.

So, you thought Zendo was sort of like Fizzbin? "That list has the Geek nature....except on Monday..." laugh

You're doing better than me, though. I had one outlandish theory involving lots of numerology (prime number facorizations and the like), but (needless to say) it turned out to be wrong. Now I'm more or less clueless.

Turning to Ken's idea -- let's get some single games up there.

Master:

El Grande

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So, you thought Zendo was sort of like Fizzbin? "That list has the Geek nature....except on Monday..."

This is my first attempt at Zendo...

Quote:
You're doing better than me, though. I had one outlandish theory involving lots of numerology (prime number facorizations and the like), but (needless to say) it turned out to be wrong. Now I'm more or less clueless.

I had a few prime number theories. And theories based on Orphius rankings of the games. And theories based on assigning numeric values (1 to 26) to letters and averaging them.

And of course, none of them work.

My new master list is:

Scrabble

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
Master
I fear I am still clueless. Like the other students, I too will chime in with a single-game list: Puerto Rico.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mondo
We need more camels!

Carcassonne: the Castle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, I'll use a camel token again.

I know this is wrong - but no one ever uses the camel tokens, and I do love the counter-lists.

"A list has the Geek nature if there are less than seven games on the list"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Alexander
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Master
Through the desert

The camels are breeding like rabbits, thanks to Tom. So I figured we should get this game in here.

(Because it has a lot of camels, not because it's a camel-breeding game. Although that gives me some interesting ideas...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brain
United Kingdom
London, UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Master
Modern Art, Army of Darkness (master)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.