Subject: Dark Elves and High Elves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura BlueFrost
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb

I'm interested in Warhammer: Invasion LCG. But I just want to play a Pure Dark Elves vs. Pure High Elves decks. I read that the Core Set is a must have so I'm going to buy that and since it only include 4 faction without the Dark/High elves included I will also buy Assault of Ulthuan.

I want more variety than two pre-made decks from Ulthuan expansion so my question is; how is the small expansion assigned? does every little pack contain cards for a specific faction? which ones are good for pure Dark/High elves decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
the core set is mostly the following 4 factions:
dwarves
empire
orcs
chaos
neutrals (cards that go with any faction)
and a few high/dark elf cards.

The Ulthuan expansion is mostly dark/high elf card with a few from each of the other factions (and some neutrals)

Each battlepack expansion is a couple of each faction (incl. the dark/high elves)

If you were to buy one of each of the expansions (+core set) you'd have roughly equal numbers of each faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura BlueFrost
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Deefer wrote:
the core set is mostly the following 4 factions:
dwarves
empire
orcs
chaos
neutrals (cards that go with any faction)
and a few high/dark elf cards.

The Ulthuan expansion is mostly dark/high elf card with a few from each of the other factions (and some neutrals)

Each battlepack expansion is a couple of each faction (incl. the dark/high elves)

If you were to buy one of each of the expansions (+core set) you'd have roughly equal numbers of each faction.

Hello David, thanks for clarifying what's to expect in the boxes.

Do I need to buy more than one expansion pack of the same kind? (like in MtG where you need 4 commons of a card which might require you to buy multiple booster packs)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really unless you plan to go to tournaments.
For casual play, one is fine.

At a minimum I'd get a core set and the ulthuan expansion. Bur that gets you more than just 2factions. You'll get all 6.

Any more is just gravy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abaddon Wormwood
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
Not really unless you plan to go to tournaments.
For casual play, one is fine.

At a minimum I'd get a core set and the ulthuan expansion. Bur that gets you more than just 2factions. You'll get all 6.

Any more is just gravy.

So for home games of two people one product unit is fine?

Thanks,

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abaddon, I play Invasion with my brothers and with just 1 of each core set and expansion pack, we've been able to construct very competitive mono-faction decks with a small sideboard.

Laura, unfortunately every expansion pack has cards for every faction so it would be difficult to pick & choose. You may want to start playing with just core & Assault and then check the excellent spoiler list to see if there are any cards you think would help balance some of the weaker factions.

Two of the more distinct expansion packs are Warpstone which had a powerful Relic Weapon for each faction and Arcane Fire which introduced a powerful Epic Spell for each faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Booker Hooker
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to improvise you can probably skip the core set if all you're interested in is the Elves vs Elves.

The core set contains a rulebook, burn tokens, resource tokens, and destruction tokens. Glass beads or other such markers would do the trick I'm sure. Rule book is surely online somewhere. Can't think of anything else you'd be missing. Nuetral cards maybe? They're nice to use but not necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Stone
United States
Dallas
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll also miss out on the draft cards (and some of the best neutral supports in the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.