Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is to announce that the Michiana September 2010 No-Ship Math Trade is LIVE!

If you'd like to participate, head on over to the Geeklist and submit the games from your collection that you'd be willing to part with, and see what your fellow Michaiana'ers list to offer!

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/58345/michiana-september-2...

Remember -- just because you list an item doesn't mean that you'll necessarily have to trade it -- YOU get to specify which other games you'd be willing to get in return.

Because most of us in the group are new to math trades, I've extended the submission periods to be nearly twice their normal length.

Please post any questions if you have them here, or if there's anything I (or another one of our members who has familiarity with math trades) can do to help you get involved.

THANKS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hovan
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOOHOO - I will definitely give this a whirl. I might even identify more games to get rid of.

Thank you Clint!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlhovan wrote:
WOOHOO - I will definitely give this a whirl. I might even identify more games to get rid of.

Thank you Clint!
No problem at all -- my pleasure! I really hope we can exchange some games with this dealy-o.

Also, in some Math Trades, we might make a Request Geeklist (where people can list things they're looking for -- whether explicitly listed as owned in the group or not). Do people have specific requests? About the only specific request for a game that I am dying to get ahold of is Robo Rally -- other than that I'm pretty happy just to see what's offered up -- seems to be good stuff so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Burkett
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to track down Infernal Contraption, but can't find it ANYWHERE online. Not even eBay or the BGG marketplace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grex22 wrote:
I've been trying to track down Infernal Contraption, but can't find it ANYWHERE online. Not even eBay or the BGG marketplace.
That's listed as owned by two users in our guild:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/collection/733?title=infe...

* LordBullingdon
* mayhew96

No idea if either of them are interested in trading it, but it's not explicitly marked as such in their collections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to MAG user Ken (username: Boneroller), I've changed the Geeklist to user normal (chronological) ordering rather than alphabetical. Hopefully this makes it easier to see what's been added!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another note, you do NOT need to use the OLWLG tool to add games to the trade -- you just add games to that Geeklist like any other Geeklist, and the OLWLG tool picks them out.

We'll only use the OLWLG for the *next* step. For now, you can safely ignore it.

Thanks!

--clint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to add this info to the MT geeklist as well.

HanClinto wrote:
Another note, you do NOT need to use the OLWLG tool to add games to the trade -- you just add games to that Geeklist like any other Geeklist, and the OLWLG tool picks them out.

We'll only use the OLWLG for the *next* step. For now, you can safely ignore it. :)

Thanks!

--clint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lowell Francis
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
explanation does not equal excuse
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add some things later this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big lots, or smaller games?

I've got a bunch of smaller games (such as Kosmos games) that I'm interested in trading, but I'm not sure if other people would like to have individual games, or if I should package them all up.

For instance, if other people want to complete their Kosmos collections, but already have 1 or 2 of the games that I'm trading, do they really want them bundled?

Tough for me to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Parker
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HanClinto wrote:
Big lots, or smaller games?
I think it depends on what you want to trade for. Smaller games are likely to only trade for smaller games, or for older stuff posted by us thrift-store junkies. A bundle might trade for something bigger, or it might not depending on how much someone wants everything in it. If most of what you want is unlikely to trade for an individual small game, there's not much point in posting them singly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never done a trade like this before. Can someone fill me in on how it works?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Parker
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PrincessPeach wrote:
I've never done a trade like this before. Can someone fill me in on how it works?
There was a discussion over here with some explanations.

Specifically, see Clint's reply here.

Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Summary:

you list the games you have for trade on this list. When the 'have' list is locked, you specify which games you are willing to receive for each game that you put on the 'have' list through a special web tool. When that 'WANT' period is over, a fancy program figures out who wants what you are trading and tries to get you the games that you 'WANT'ed in a multi-party trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Parker
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got at least one more game I might add, a copy of the MB GameMaster version of Axis & Allies. That one's more complicated, though, because it's not actually mine. It belongs to BGG user enfanta, who I will be visiting next weekend. However, I won't be able to bring her copy home on the train due to size constraints. If her copy is acceptable to me, though, I'll list my copy for trade.

So, since the "have" deadline is next weekend, should I just add my copy now and submit an empty or unrealistic wantlist for it if I find that I'm unable to trade it after all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Ron, I've got that as well (sans instructions). Is it particularly valuable?

EDIT: Looking at prices and it appears to be in the $10 range...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Parker
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you don't know me yet, I won't laugh quite as hard at your assumption that I might own something particularly valuable as I would if, say, Ken made that kind of assumption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, since some of the games that I would LIKE to see on this Math Trade aren't showing up, I thought I'd make a few requests. Here are some games that I would make me REALLY happy if they were available:

Galaxy Trucker
Dungeon Lords (Yay Vlaadl!)
Catacombs
Space Dealer
Perry Rhodan (but it's cool if no one has that yet)
Carson City
Tobago
Dixit
Pack & Stack
StarSHIP Catan
Tikal
Memoir 44
Fire and Axe

Anyone gonna go there? Anything that I've added to the list that would be interesting for a 1-1 trade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls