Popular Tags: [View All]
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario #1: I win a combat against a Grey Ooze. In my hand I have a total of 6 gold and a Dwarf Janissary. I now trigger both Spoils abilities. I can buy a 6 gold weapon and a 6 gold food.

Scenario #2: I win a combat against some other monster. In my hand I have a total of 6 gold, a Dwarf Janissary, and the Grey Ooze from before.

Do I still trigger both Spoils effects, or just the effect from the Dwarf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Maloney
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The spoils effect only occurs when you first defeat the monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Reid
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For spoils I believe the rules work that the Monster Spoil triggers when you defeat a monster, not once it is defeated and in your hand. Thus for Scenario #2 you could only use the Dwarf's effect.

For Scenario #1 is it confirmed that you can buy both the 6 gold weapon and the 6 gold food? I was under the impression that the money you spent on one could not be then spent on another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S R
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get to spend the 6 gold on each spoils, as per the rule book definition of Spoils (Version 1.4 page 19):

"If you earn numerous Spoils in one turn, you may resolve them in any order you chose, using the full gold value of your hand each time."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
salems lot wrote:
You get to spend the 6 gold on each spoils, as per the rule book definition of Spoils (Version 1.4 page 19):

"If you earn numerous Spoils in one turn, you may resolve them in any order you chose, using the full gold value of your hand each time."

Ugh, I need to spend more time reading things before I reply to them.

Yes, in situation 1 you may buy both items, and use the full amount for each purchase.

In situation 2 you may only get the spoils from the Dwarf in your hand, not from the already killed monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:

Yes, in situation 1 you may buy both items, and use the full amount for each purchase.

In situation 2 you may only get the spoils from the Dwarf in your hand, not from the already killed monster.

This is what I thought, but the manual isn't clear that the triggering situations are different.

Praise you MtG and your blessed rules-laywering.
Curse you MtG and your damned rules-laywering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.