BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Totally Serious Public Service Announcement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Whooping Cough, AKA Pertussis is now an epidemic in California. If you are an adult, it is likely that your childhood vaccine has run its course. Get to your doctor and ask if you need to get vaccinated for pertussis! Especially those of you with infants and young children! Pertussis is not to be fucked around with! Take care of yourselves and your family.
I'm currently working to get a vaccine clinic set up at my work. The vaccine is safe and effective and will help save lives and keep your kids healthy. Do it! Do it!

Also, if anyone is going to Dragon*Con, they're setting up a free vaccine clinic there, so keep your eyes peeled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri Balofsky
Israel
Tel Mond
HaSharon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Totally Non-Serious Public Service Announcement Response
You can't fool me, vaccines are dangerous! They cause autism and homosexuality! They are just a way of the government injecting us with tracers and mind control substances!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enter the demotivational:

WHOOPING COUGH
  Not to be fucked around with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A
badge
ɥɔʇıןƃ ʎʇıןɐǝɹ
mbmbmbmbmb
I fucked around with whooping cough once. And then it was all yelling, getting stabbed with scissors, and restraining orders. In the end the SWAT team ruined my living room with a concussion grenade.

IT'S NO JOKE, PEOPLE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mellby
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reish Galuta wrote:
You can't fool me, vaccines are dangerous! They cause autism and homosexuality! They are just a way of the government injecting us with tracers and mind control substances!

Don't be silly.
That's what the Orbital Mind Control Laser is for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Naz and I are going in to get our shots tomorrow! Hooray!

Immuniz'd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep! Rick got that about 5-10 years ago. Insurance would not pay for diagnostic testing to be sure because he'd been immunized as a child. They wouldn't pay for a booster shot for me, either, because at the time they were still certain the shots would last a lifetime. Now, though, it's so common around here for adults who were immunized as a child to get this they now pay for the testing and the booster shots.

Go get those shots. You think the flu is bad? Whooping cough is way worse and lasts for 6 weeks.

-Helen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also known as the 100 day cough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yeah, "I coughed so hard I threw up" and "I coughed so hard I peed my pants" are not things I want to add to my list of horrible things I've had happen to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaky Ulnas
Canada
Steinbach
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Yet feet that wandering have gone
badge
Turn at last to home afar
mbmb
Big whoop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Naz and I got our shots yesterday. My left arm feels really sore. Ow. Doing your part is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
Naz and I got our shots yesterday. My left arm feels really sore. Ow. Doing your part is awesome.

Tell him to stop poking you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.