Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Isn't the extra +1 strength your military units get from the Great Wall (or any other source) supposed to be included in a colony bid? So if I have a warrior, who's counting as 2 strength due to GW, if I sacrifice him he should be 2, correct?

I'm virtually certain that's true in defense, so I'd think (if I'm correct) the same would apply to colonizing?

Thanks,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Hi,

Isn't the extra +1 strength your military units get from the Great Wall (or any other source) supposed to be included in a colony bid? So if I have a warrior, who's counting as 2 strength due to GW, if I sacrifice him he should be 2, correct?

I'm virtually certain that's true in defense, so I'd think (if I'm correct) the same would apply to colonizing?

Thanks,

Chris

I think it doesn't count, since it's the GW which gives you the extra strength, not each infantry/artillery unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
No, the Great Wall gives you strength. It doesn't add to units. Only Genghis Khan adds strength to units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nachof wrote:
fatgreta wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Chris

I think it doesn't count, since it's the GW which gives you the extra strength, not each infantry/artillery unit.

Ah, you mean I don't load the Great Wall up on ships and send them it off to distant undiscovered lands?

The things I don't think of ahead of time...

shake

Thanks for the reality check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Berlin Wall could give you that bonus and pieces of it have been shipped all over the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, your question has already been answered, but as a heads up, I think this (and some other clarifications) are on the last page of the rulebook. Fortunately, the rulebook has recently been authorized for posting on BGG (see the files section).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
Chris, your question has already been answered, but as a heads up, I think this (and some other clarifications) are on the last page of the rulebook. Fortunately, the rulebook has recently been authorized for posting on BGG (see the files section).

Thanks, I was at work and didn't have the rulebook handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Maylott
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:

Thanks,

Chris

As many have answered, the GW adds to the civ's strength not to each unit. This means that the base military strength is modified by the GW, yet there is no +1 bonus for any units sacrificed in aggressions, wars or colony bids.

So if your military is 2 swordsmen - strength 2 each. GW gives a +1 bonus each for base military strength total of 6. Yet if you sacrifice one swordsmen, you get a temporary boost of only 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.