Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General: This is about my first impressions of the game having punched out everything and having played the first scenario. So I placed this under the "general" category even though I have included a...

Review: albeit a very mini review. I like it. Alot. I do wish the cards were more graphic. The text does not nearly cover all the space... s pic rather than empty, unused space would have helped. But, speaking of the text, it is very flavorable and descriptive and does its job very well. Read the descriptive part of the text aloud for a fuller game experience. I am looking forward to my first multi-player game after being very happy with the fun-factor in my first scenario solitaire game, for which I have included a...

Session Report: abeit, again, a very mini session report. The sun went down and Mr. Strahd got out of bed, and came aftwer me, a dragonborn fighter. Strahd really "books" (goes fast) through his subterranean domicile. I had already used one of my healing surges, had slain 5 monsters and had laid down eight of the top 10 dungeon tiles (after which is the staircase tile and escape), and was being closed in on by multiple monsters including a blazing skeleton who had been stalking me. I was going to have to face them before Strahd caught up (he moves 2 tiles a turn when he isn't distracted by feasting on blood along the way... which he never is in a solitaire game). I cleaved, missed one, hit and killed another, drew a treasure which was a teleportation scroll. Stradh was almost to me, as was a gargoyle and a ghoul, when I used it to teleport back to Stradh's chamber and head off another direction. Spider... web.... encounter... used final healing surge. I finally revealed the stairs. Stradh moved 2 and was in my same tile but could not attack* (see "rules" below) I reached the stairs got on it with 4 hitpoints (and no surges) left. Had to draw an ecounter card (since you have to end your turn on the staircase in the middle of the tile) and green slime dropped on me, putting me down to 2 HP. Strahd then came up as I was ascending the stairs and caught me, feasted, and killed me.

Rules: Strahd moves 2 tiles toward the hero if he cannot attack. This actually put him in the same tile as my hero on one turn, but having moved 2 tiles to get there he could not attack (all his attacks mention either being in the adjacent tile or same tile when his turn begins). I think I played this right, following the text precisely. No attack even though in the same tile as a hero if it took a 2 tile move to get there.

General: Very fun. I am going to now reread the rules to make sure I got everything right, and browse the other adventurers' cards and stats, I am so looking forward to the Wrath of Ashardalon in a couple months. Though I know tastes differ, for me, this was an excellent buy.

[edited for spelling correction]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't look at Stahd's card before I started my solitaire play.

I was not nearly far enough (high noon on Athas?) when he came out-- and he caught up with my cleric pretty quickly. I barely made it to the staircase. It was a lot of fun--- and for a solitaire game!

You played Strahd correctly. With each monster/villain, you do the first possible option and then stop.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Same here, I got to the staircase in the nick of time, with Stahd hot on my heels. I almost wish I would have lost though, it sounds more fun.. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Start at the top and go down till you find one that matches. One you find one, stop looking any further. You always execute only ONE of the villain/monsters tactics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
cookinjr wrote:
high noon on Athas?

It's not often you see a reference to Athas with respect to Strahd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.