Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game when it first came out and never played it. Just today I was doing a component count to make sure it is still complete and one thing is confusing me.

The component list indicates 6 Private Company Certificates. From what I can tell, one of these is actually the president's share of St. Louis San Francisco Railway.

However, the component list also indicates 90 Stock Certificates. This would mean 9 shares for each of the public companies.

Am I correct in thinking that the SLSFR company starts private but may become public and most importantly that the components list is technically incorrect as there is only one tile that is doing double duty?

Or am I missing a piece?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fawcett
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're good... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/150867/1870
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each company only gets 9 "cards" for their stock since one is 20% and the other eight are 10% each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Starfury wrote:
Each company only gets 9 "cards" for their stock since one is 20% and the other eight are 10% each.

This part I got, but there are 10 companies times 9 cards = 90. If one of those is also the 6th private company, they should either list 5 + 90 or 6 + 89 or 5 + 89 + 1.

I'm probably being pedantic, but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a separate card for the public and private versions of that company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fawcett
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are only 5 private certs in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for confirming that for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.