Popular Tags: [View All]
Inka van Helvoirt
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question.
If you have 3 of the same figures in a row. (2 points)
(3 same red herbs) And you put a tile atop of one of the tiles so that you still have the same 3 red herbs in that row. Meaning that you have to put a tile atop with the same red herb as the first, does it still count for points? I mean, the row didn't exactly change.. You still got the SAME 3 figures, only now one is a bit higher then before..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Without looking at the rules...)

I think you do since you, by your placement action, have created a 3 run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inka van Helvoirt
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
have created a 3 run

Now my english isn't that good, so i hope 3 run means "3 in a row"? (if not please explain 3 run modest )

The 3 run was already there. The only thing that happened is that I made
the 3 run "higher". So there where already 3 in a row. But adding a tile vertical on that row (the middle picture contains the same herb then the 3 already there.) So the 3 in a row doesn't change, but only gets 1 tile higher.

I had difficulties to define this question correct because of my english. So i really hope its clear this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schacht
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, you trigger again a scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Pape
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same question last night.

I was also wondering what if you make a group smaller. So if you have a group of 5, and you lay a different square on top to make it a group of 4 do you still get 2 points?

What about if you lay a tile on top of a group of 7 to split it into two groups of 3, do you get 4 points?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the rules require your scoring group to contain spices from the tile just laid, so if the new tile simply blocks another group, no score.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LotB 2002
Netherlands
Utrecht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bartolbe wrote:
I had this same question last night.

I was also wondering what if you make a group smaller. So if you have a group of 5, and you lay a different square on top to make it a group of 4 do you still get 2 points?

What about if you lay a tile on top of a group of 7 to split it into two groups of 3, do you get 4 points?

with the knowledge of Michaels answer to the question above, my ruling would be yes it does.

The rules say:
when your tile creates, or changes, a group of spices, the group will be scored.

So if a group of 3 scores again when one of those crates will be overlayed with the same spice, then my ruling would be:
Splitting a group of five, changes the group, or create two groups of 2. New scoring moment; 4 points.

EDIT: when the master writes after you, I can only gently take my pencil and draw straight lines trough my comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schacht
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that‘s important for all your rules questions:

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the rules require your scoring group to contain spices from the tile just laid.

the group can get even smaller but the corresponding spice type must be on the just placed tile and must must be adjacent (as described in the rules) to the group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
I'm pretty sure the rules require your scoring group to contain spices from the tile just laid, so if the new tile simply blocks another group, no score.

B>

The rules don't say this, but Mr Schacht seems to be pretty clear in his opinion. Keeping this in mind for next time we play, then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.