Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Hines
United States
Perry
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The event states that is officially over at 3pm on Sunday. Is this accurate or are there usually tables going later into the evening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The Library closes promptly at 1pm. Vendors will stay open 'til 3pm-ish. Otherwise, I don't care what you do. Once the hotel kicks you out, that's the real end time. However, historically it's pretty dead on Sunday afternoon since so many people fly out on that day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
Truth be told, it's kinda hard to keep gaming around the 12:30-1:00pm timeframe due to the sound of Derk's threats to those who haven't yet re-checked the games they took out of the library.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hines
United States
Perry
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info - I was considering when the best time to book an outbound flight would be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Bah. Me walkin' thru every 20 minutes for an hour isn't that bad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
R3sp4wN wrote:
Thanks for the info - I was considering when the best time to book an outbound flight would be.

Ultimately, I'd go with whatever is most convenient. Decent time leaving, not something that makes you get up at 4:00am, etc. Costs can vary through the day as well.

If you end up being at the hotel in the afternoon, you will find others gaming, so definitely no need to fear sitting there for hours with nothing to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
R3sp4wN wrote:

Last year my flight left at 2 pm and I felt like I was leaving a shade too early--too busy packing to play games in the morning, not enough time to go to a farewell lunch with new friends, etc. Your mileage may vary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mbmb
I gamed until about 2:00am Sunday (Monday Morning) last year.

I fly out Monday so I am available for vegging out or gaming, whichever comes first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
R3sp4wN wrote:
The event states that is officially over at 3pm on Sunday. Is this accurate or are there usually tables going later into the evening?

Quite a few people leave on the Monday, so there is certainly gaming going on until the wee hours. Just not with BGG.CON library games cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the hell out of there Sunday morning after the flea market, and get back to reality, Geeks. Geez.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Thosw wrote:
Truth be told, it's kinda hard to keep gaming around the 12:30-1:00pm timeframe due to the sound of Derk's threats to those who haven't yet re-checked the games they took out of the library.

BTW, I will be watching anyone who thumbs this post. Buncha library sneaks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
derk wrote:
Vendors will stay open 'til 3pm-ish. .

In the past very few vendors were open on Sunday. Most of them packed up Saturday night and booked it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I've left on Sunday afternoon and usually there are games going on in the lobby. Some people bring stuff (I know that I do: I don't assume popular games will be left in the library, particularly newer ones), and some people play their shiny new purchases. If you are staying and come prepared, you should find opponents. But yeah, it's way dead compared to the days before, so you don't miss much by getting home to the people who don't understand your weird obsession with 5 days of nonstop gaming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
There is enough gaming going on Sunday that you will be amused. It's not the rest of the week, but there is plenty of gaming going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently booked on a return flight that departs at 5:00 PM,so I'll be hanging around for some gaming this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
scoutmom wrote:
I'm currently booked on a return flight that departs at 5:00 PM,so I'll be hanging around for some gaming this time.

Let's play Combat Commander on Sunday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
scoutmom wrote:

Let's play Combat Commander on Sunday. :D

Excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
scoutmom wrote:
leroy43 wrote:
scoutmom wrote:

Let's play Combat Commander on Sunday.

Excellent!

I would love to learn that if I haven't already. Anyone in the DFW area now? I can bring copies if this is likely. I tend to want to get home by Sunday, but since home is just a drive across town, I could stay to play some of this!

Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning to drive back to Wichita some time Sunday.

A little Combat Commander for the road would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
By Sunday, I'm usually wrapping up and saying my goodbyes to everyone. I may play a short game of Tichu or two, or some other filler, but nothing major.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Iacoucci
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The GF and I are staying till Monday - we fly out Monday Afternoon. Game On!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
But my greatest power is this: When Destiny speaks, she speaks to me. She says hi, by the way.
badge
Oh! And I've been killing the bees!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I end up going alone, I might stay until Monday morning so I can get a decent night's sleep before hitting the road. If so, I could play some late afternoon/evening games. Wargames and AT, of course!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonocop and I are both flying back to Vancouver on the Monday, so we'll be around to game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Sunday morning wake up say goodbye and get on the road kinda person. I need to get home and veg before going back to work the next day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.