Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all I have to say:
I love BGG: You click a link .. then you click another link .. and another .. and all of a sudden you've found a gem .. a gem like Mission Patrol.

So, let's see what we've got:
6 pages, DIN A4 (letter format)
Those 6 pages include:
4 pages containing the modular game board
1 page of counters
1 pocketmod rulebook

All the tiles are squares or at least rectangles. 6 counters have rouded corners - that's not much .. (I still have nightmares from Nocturno)

I used a little cutting machine, so the assembly time including firing up the PC, printing, gluing and cutting took less than an hour.

The rulebook is small, but it covers everything needed to understand the game.

I had a first run of this game and I already like it.
You know .. playing mission patrol requires you to roll dice .. and again .. and again .. dice .. dice .. more dice .. and .. dicedicedicedicedicedicedicedice

So .. what is Mission Patrol about?

You play Lieutenant Gimp, a Veteran soldier that has been deployed on a monster infested island.
You have to find three different things: A Charger, a Detonater and - after finding those two items - the Helicopter that will take you away.
Sounds easy?
HA!
Read again: The island is MONSTER INFESTED! More often than every 2nd tile you run into a monster .. And while most of the time you may attack first, some of them will catch you flat footed and strike before you may shoot at them. And those buggers will bring you down quite a lot of times.
The problem is: you only have three lives - and if you die, you'll have to start all over again. Well .. at least you know, where to go to and where not.

My first run was a tough one.
It took me two lives until I found the first mission objective: the charger. Then however I found 5 ammunition tiles consecutively .. I think, next time I will need to shuffle better
With 5 ammunition tiles on my hand, the rest of the mission was a piece of cake: No longer did I play "Lieutenant Gimp", but rather "Rambo"!
A monster that wants to fight back? BOOM! You've got Stallowned!

Résumée:
Mission Patrol is quick to craft and quick to play.
The artwork is cartoony, contributing that way to the fun of the game.
Highly recommended!

There is a two player coop variant, too .. Let's see when I can find someone to pin down for a game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
The artwork reminds me of Sergio Aragones, which is a big plus. I might have to put this on the to-do list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
The artwork reminds me of Sergio Aragones, which is a big plus. I might have to put this on the to-do list.

I don't do PnP games but if I could have a shot at playing Lt.Groo I'd play this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Moreno
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you liked the game I would love to see pictures of it as well.
Thanks again for your review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Where can I get the files?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.