Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi to everybody

as you already know, while waiting for the preorders i'm still working on the game, mainly reviewing the graphics and streamlining the rules.
I will publish very soon two additions to the game
* A detailed example of play: this is mainly aimed to the new players to describe how the game proceeds "outside" the rules.
* A free mini-game named "The Last Outpost" (in PDF format): deep inside one of the Space Infantry folders on my PC i've found this draft idea that yesterday night i've completed. Basically you will try to defend one human outpost against the incoming enemy hordes: no strategy involved, only tactical skills. Here below a preview of the map

I will post the minigame components link (map, rules, counters) in the next 24 hours.

As usual, let me know your comments, suggestions and ideas.

Zak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks pretty cool

Will this be included in the Space Infantry box when it's finally ready to publish?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Will this be included in the Space Infantry box when it's finally ready to publish?

Not, this is a "free" minigame, only available as a download. I've created it overnight just to share it with the existing SI community.

I expect that a "printer quality" version (300dpi) could be made available later in the LnL site as PDF download: in line of principle the boxed game will be enhanced by many PDF downloads (some of them free).
In any case, if the overall feedback will be positive this minigame could be easily inserted in the first expansion of SI.

Zak

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, I look forward to trying it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
first Space Infantry mini-game
The first version of the Outpost minigame is available here:

http://zak965.it/spaceinfantry/outpost/The%20Outpost.zip

Enjoy the fight and good luck !!

Zak

PS: please take in consideration that this minigame has been released with no real playtest - from one idea ot the web in 24 hours...

I've already some additional ideas around it (like defence turrent, mines): depending on your feedback i will try to squeeze some additional spare time from my spare time (don't tell it to my wife, please)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

i've just updated the Outpost mini-game with a better AI (!!) and a new major variant.

Zak

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.