Pieter Lust
Belgium
Ieper
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Eurogames/Descartes French edition of the Settlers of Catan. The hexes have a side length of 45 mm and look like this:

I'm considering to buy 999Games' Dutch edition of the Seafarers. Language issues aside, are the components of both editions compatible?
Browsing around here, it seems that all european editions share the same design, but I'd like to be sure...

Pieter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks exactly the same. But doesn't the new 999 version have plastic instead of wood?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Lust
Belgium
Ieper
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plastic and not wood would be a setback... But if the hexes can be mixed it's not all that bad. I'll try it and see what comes out of the box.
Thanks!

Pieter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Lust
Belgium
Ieper
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It worked out OK.
The Seafarer tiles are just a hair larger than the Settler tiles, and the diecutting is a trifle more off center, but it's the same quality of cardboard and the same design. The ships are made of wood.

Pieter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.