Subject: Is there any chance for rules here ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maciej Teległow
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As in title. Is there any chance that rules would be posted here at BGG ?
I would be very pleased and greatful for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are currently being tinkered with by a group of people from the 18XX mail list. I am one of them, and this is a good reminder that I need to finish my own review and get it in before Hanno gets back from vacation!

We had quite a bit of discussion the first week of looking over the rules, so there will be quite a lot of change to the English rules I suspect, but once they are done, I imagine they will be posted here quickly, as Hanno frequently uses the geek from what I have seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
What Justin said.

My working assumption is that the rules review team are not allowed to discuss the details of the game publicly just yet, so it would be cruel and vicious of me to mention that I'm really looking forward to playing this. ;-)

Oh wait, I'm an 18XX player, I thrive on cruel and vicious ;-)

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Actually, I was looking forward to playing this as soon as I heard the names of the designers... but that is less entertaining to say. >:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Moreno Serrano
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Join us every Tuesday night at the Woking Gaming Club!
badge
Interested in knowing in which games I'm working at the moment? Send me a geekmail to discover!
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I just need to see the rules before I place my pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte Conceicao
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sprocket314 wrote:
Now I just need to see the rules before I place my pre-order.

Me too! Let's hope they make it on time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morganza wrote:
What Justin said.

My working assumption is that the rules review team are not allowed to discuss the details of the game publicly just yet, so it would be cruel and vicious of me to mention that I'm really looking forward to playing this. ;-)

Feel free to share. I'm just waiting for Klemens to put the last touches on the typeset version so I can upload them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: I have not playtested this game, just taken a red pen to the rules.

This is an 18xx game, though more reminiscent of 2038: Tycoons of the Asteroid Belt on a fixed map than of 1830. There are stock rounds and operating rounds, though they have different names.

The hex trains ships work a bit differently: you glue them all together into one long string, which wiggles around from your home token visiting as many of your field tokens (and some public revenue locations) as possible. Later in your game you may want to plonk down a shiny new home token near more valuable stuff. (You use a surveyor to explore new territory; only your surveyor can lay tokens, so you can't do the reach-out-and-backfill pattern -- it may be token now or never.)

There's an interesting tradeoff where the same bits are used for incremental-cap shares and board tokens. Do you go for capital or board position? If the former, do you want less capital sooner, more later, or both?

The privates look useful in the 1846: The Race for the Midwest style -- they will influence how you play the game, as opposed to being an 1830-style profit center.

I'm sure people will jump in and correct me if I've oversimplified or been misleading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more interested on this one. The 18xx series have been recommended to me extensively when I was looking for a good economic game but the theme on trains detracts me somewhat. Having a hystorical setting on ancient Greece sounds fantanstic, lookinf forward to checking the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg
Germany
München
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://lookout-games.de/downloads/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.