Zombie in my Pocket» Forums » Rules

Subject: Zombie Doors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the zombie door rule triggers, do I still draw and resolve a dev card afterwards?
It sounds nasty having to fight two waves of zombies after each other without a chance to cower.
What happens when I run away from the door zombies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zejety wrote:
When the zombie door rule triggers, do I still draw and resolve a dev card afterwards?
It sounds nasty having to fight two waves of zombies after each other without a chance to cower.

I'm not sure about the rules of the solo game, but in the CGF version opening a zombie door is similar to breaking the window to go outside. You place the new tile the other side of the zombie door and get the dev card for moving into it. If you run away the new tile has already been placed and so the zombie door is already open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zejety wrote:

First, you'll have the three zombies break down the wall. You can fight them, as you do normally, or run away (and take the -1). Once you fight them, it's just as if there's a door in that room. You don't have to go through right away (you can cower before going through), but once you enter that room, you do have to resolve a card.

If you run away, the door remains. You're running away from the room you were in, not the room that's through the zombie door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Pony
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:

First, you'll have the three zombies break down the wall. You can fight them, as you do normally, or run away (and take the -1). Once you fight them, it's just as if there's a door in that room. You don't have to go through right away (you can cower before going through), but once you enter that room, you do have to resolve a card.

If you run away, the door remains. You're running away from the room you were in, not the room that's through the zombie door.

I had the same question from playing last night (fun game btw!).

Just to be sure of the answer, it sounds like the order of events are:

* I draw a tile that creates a 'no way out' situation
* I enter that room and have to fight three zombies that break through the wall (or run away)
* Ignoring running away, if I stand and fight, once I win I then still have to draw a dev card for the tile that created the 'no way out'...which means I may end up fighting a second set of zombies

Is that the intention? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG, Bob. Thanks for checking out ZimP.

The order is:
* I draw a tile that creates a 'no way out' situation
* I enter that room and have to draw a dev card for the tile that created the 'no way out'
* Ignoring running away, if I stand and fight, once I win I then still have to fight three zombies that break through the wall (or run away)

You deal with the 'normal' room first, then deal with the fact that it's a dead end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Pony
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrific! Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated. Played another four or five games last night. Very smart how the dev deck does so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.