Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: I think the ends are finally coming together rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steen Bang-Madsen
Denmark
Taastrup
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've posted a couple of inquiries, to get to some BGG profile, that was working with homeless kids. As it turned out, noddingoff is working with agencies that serves homes for homeless children in the Toronto area. He tried to find out if any of them could use some spare boardgames, and it turned out that the Yonge Street Mission Evergreen Centre for Youth would like to take the games.

This is partly to do something good, and partly to get some shelfspace, so I may not be sending the finest games I've got, but I'm sending games that I doubt will see too much gameplay here, and most likely will come to better use somewhere else.

I've started packing the games up. So far the box contains:

Delta V (played once)
Piratenpoker. (German edition in shrinkwrap and english rules printed)
Solitaire
Celtic Warrior
Kontor (German edition in shrinkwrap and english rules printed)
The Bottom Line
Kablamo (In shrinkwrap)
Andromeda (German edition in shrinkwrap and english rules printed)
Twilight Imperium 2nd ed. (Just got this from the "pass a game", but since I've ordered the 3rd edition, this one is going in there too)
Mystery of the Abbey (Played twice)
Ticket to Ride
Condottiere (German edition in shrinkwrap and english rules printed)

This isn't to brag (well, almost not) but rather to encourage others to do something like this too. Most geeks with an extensive game collection, has some games that just won't get played. Put them to good use. I bet there are more places in other cities that would love to take the games off your hands.

I expect my package to be going within this week.

Woohoo. I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uh?
Good work Steen, but you're including Kablamo? That's the game about blowing your brains out? Russian roulette for a youth centre?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steen Bang-Madsen
Denmark
Taastrup
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. You may have a point. I'll just pull it out. I've also added How-Ruck and Alien Contact by now, so I don't think they will miss it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steen Bang-Madsen
Denmark
Taastrup
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Third edition Twilight Imperium is not the same game as the second edition.

I think the jury is still out as to whether it is a better game or even as good.

That may be so, but I think that if people have grown to love a particular game (2nd ed.), they will feel that pretty much any change will be for the worse. I havn't tried either one yet, (but I'm getting pretty hyped to do so) and I really like A Game of Thrones, so I think the changes done to 3rd. edition, will probably be of my liking.

Even though TI has amassed a group of diehard fans, I don't like games in which you need to do a lot of accounting, and it is of my understanding that this is (still) so with the 2nd ed.?

So all-in-all, 3rd. edition is most likely the way to go for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.