Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know much about Domino games. I've been told 42 is one of the best, but I don't like the fact that it requires pen and paper for tracking scores and marks.

I'd like to hear about some of the very best and most interesting, challenging, and strategic domino games, including how many players they support, how quickly they play, what kind of dominos and other components they require, and why you like the game.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl von Laudermann
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
All dominoes games that I know of require scorekeeping. However, if you don't want to use disposable items like pencil and paper, you could use a cribbage board instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Smooth seas make the voyage more pleasant.
badge
A ship in port is safe, and that's just what ports are for.
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll find some good information via this link.

For most domino games, you can use a cribbage board for scoring.

Or you can just play individual hands and not keep a running score.

The game 42 is unique among domino games. Texans may shoot me for saying it, but it's not your standard domino game; it's a trick-taking card game designed to be played with dominoes instead of cards. But of course it is played with dominoes--and the two-endedness of the tiles makes a difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.