Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Print Run of Age of Steam rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Goodall
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know what the print run is for the reprint of Age of Steam?? I've heard 3000 somewhere, but I can't get to warfrog's site to confirm. Just want to see if I should hurry to get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
first print run was 3000. Then they did another run of 3000.

I think it was mentioned in one of Tom Vasel's interviews....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
6000 total units
Okay, this is to the best of my understanding and memory, so it might not be exact, and I'm not feeling well enough to try to dig up the sources I learned it from, but I think they're mosly from on the Age of Steam page, and various other sources.

The original print run was 3000. Warfrog doesn't usually reprint any games, but they decided to do another print run of 3000 copies of Age of Steam because they could get distributor preorders for most or all of the reprint and they wouldn't be stuck with extra stock. They caught some flack for that decision because they had said that there wouldn't be a reprint based on a blanket company policy.

The first expansion was printed in a quantity of 2000 units, with no reprint planned. Assuming I am remembering correctly.

I believe that the second and third expansions were printed in a quantity of 3000 units.

I personally have all four items because I didn't want to run the risk of not being able to get them later... and I like the game. =)

If you're seriously interested in AoS, I'd recommend getting it as soon as you can. I would guess that the reprint will sell out quickly enough that you'll be able to sell it if you end up not liking it and not loose too much money.

I still regret not having picked up TAMSK the two chances I had to get it. Rest assured that I'll be getting it shortly after the May reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you're seriously interested in AoS, I'd recommend getting it as soon as you can.

You might want to pick up the expansions very quickly. First one is sold out (although you might find some still in local stores).

I bought my expansion one back in September. Still waiting for the reprint of AoS. How long must one person wait?

And TAMSK is great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I bought my expansion one back in September. Still waiting for the reprint of AoS. How long must one person wait?
Well I had my copy of the reprint in late December... devilarrrh (hint www.adamspielt.de)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
oh, geeklist...
I just remembered this geeklist that contains most of the information I posted.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listid=50...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.