Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Woods
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
Hi boardgamegeek,

I posted this question in the Soviet Dawn forum, but I wanted to get the opinions of people who might be more partial to Levee.

I'm trying to figure out which States of Siege game is the best for me, and I have it narrowed down to Soviet Dawn or Levee en Masse.

Reading the manuals of each, they seem like pretty similar games, though Levee seems like it relies even more on "track sliders", and has less "flavor" events and cards and whatnot. Is that true? Those of you that have played both, which one do you like the best, and why?

Thank you very much for your advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dylan, both games are square in that proverbial 'sweet spot' for me - plenty of flavor, decision-making, and tension. I think they both do a superb job of capturing the eras portrayed.

The wonderful thing about SoS is that they flow so very well, and these two are no exception. I've played them cooperatively too, and the shared experiences have been just great.

I should mention that the latest SoS game, Ottoman Sunset (Turks in the Near East, World War One), is due out very shortly. I can say with certainty (playtester) that it also is in that same 'sweet spot', and is such an elegant design.

So you can't really go wrong ordering either, both, or all. Whatever you decide, you've got some good gaming ahead.

STEVE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RedPlanet
Australia
Gold Coast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

saw your ? on the Soviet Dawn site .

wondered , what is levee en masse? now i know.

come on , are you living on the street or what. there so cheap , grab 'em all!

i have dawn(!!!!) and nemo (pfft , meh , fiddly).

but i love soviet dawn , just found out there's a frenchy one , AND a turkish ww1 in the pipeline too!

these people want my money!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.