Justin Nordstrom
United States
Drums
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

I'm looking for a pbem opponent for PoG. I plan on playing a ftf game in the coming weeks, and wanted to play on ACTS to re familiarize myself with the rules and basic strategy. I've played PoG about 4 times, but not in the past year. Still, I'm comfortable with the rules and ACTS interface. I'd like to play the AP and would prefer a game that moves fairly quickly.

If you're interested feel free to drop me a line at justnord@gmail.com or send me geekmail.

Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does ACTS work? Do you have to have your game set up and follow the turns that way unlike say, Vassal?
Sort of a solitaire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Acts does not provide a display of the board and the pieces. You will needs some other way to display them. While having the game set up on a table near the computer is a possibility, I generally find it easier to use some other software package such as Cyberboard. Vassal also works apparently.

You can even exchange files with your oppponent, though I prefer not to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M·ANTONIVS·M·F·M·N
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also looking for a pbem game of this...........my pc has a hard time with vassal so I'd like to try cyberboard.

I have a hard time "seeing" the board while it's on a computer screen...so I'd have to keep a game set up......plus the turn or two a day would fit well in my life at the moment.

I have played a few times ftf but I don't really a lot of experience in the mid to late game.

I also have zero experience in ACTS or cyberboard.......

drop me a geekmail if anyone is interested.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M·ANTONIVS·M·F·M·N
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale
mbmbmbmbmb
TonyClifton wrote:

I have played a few times ftf but I don't really a lot of experience in the mid to late game.

I also have zero experience in ACTS or cyberboard.......

Reading this over I'd have to say I feel like an ex-stripper with four kids trying to get married.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.