Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow DIY geeks:

I have a need to find some 10mm translucent glass tiles.

I need them specifically to replace the tiles in the game Tahuantinsuyu, so I need green, red, and yellow tiles.

Mine were chipped and smashed during shipping.

Ideally, I only need 20 of each, so I cannot find a source online or locally at this point which has any of these in lots smaller than the 100s, and I haven't found anything precisely identical.

Thanks,
Christian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane Doe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you could live with acrylic instead of glass, Litko Aerosystems is probably your best bet. They do custom bases with a minimum order of 10 and in a variety of colours. For example, twenty-five 10mm clear acrylic squares should run you $3.49.

No, I am not affiliated with them, I just keep recommending them because I love the various custom tokens and things I ordered so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziggi W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A really quick and dirty option is to hit up your local arts and crafts store, mine have translucent glass tiles in their mosaics section and you can find translucent glass blobs in their home decor section, all for a few bucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Parker
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I mentioned in your post on the parts list, I'd be happy to make some for you. I already have the glass and the tools. They'll be frosted on the sides, because I don't have the proper equipment to polish them after I grind off the sharp bits. Also, the glass I have is machine-rolled, rather than float glass, so it'll have tiny internal bubbles and a slight wavy appearance. But they should be usable, anyway.

Alternatively, try a local teacher's store; they may have transparent plastic "counting" squares for use on overhead projectors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Solitas wrote:
If you could live with acrylic instead of glass, Litko Aerosystems is probably your best bet. They do custom bases with a minimum order of 10 and in a variety of colours. For example, twenty-five 10mm clear acrylic squares should run you $3.49.

No, I am not affiliated with them, I just keep recommending them because I love the various custom tokens and things I ordered so far.

I would prefer acrylic! They wouldn't chip like these did.

Wow, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zigfromsa wrote:
A really quick and dirty option is to hit up your local arts and crafts store, mine have translucent glass tiles in their mosaics section and you can find translucent glass blobs in their home decor section, all for a few bucks.

I was going to look, and already checked the online inventory of Michael's and Joanne's Fabric & Crafts. But they have nothing which I can be assured has 20 each of the colors I need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
parkrrrr wrote:
As I mentioned in your post on the parts list, I'd be happy to make some for you. I already have the glass and the tools. They'll be frosted on the sides, because I don't have the proper equipment to polish them after I grind off the sharp bits. Also, the glass I have is machine-rolled, rather than float glass, so it'll have tiny internal bubbles and a slight wavy appearance. But they should be usable, anyway.

Alternatively, try a local teacher's store; they may have transparent plastic "counting" squares for use on overhead projectors.

Ron, I haven't seen that reply yet. But thanks. I just might commission you to do that.

But I like the acrylic option right now so I will see how that looks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.