Subject: Got this instead of Ravenloft rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Ligot
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
First off I have to clarify that I already play D and D. Ravenloft looked awesome but I was looking for something different.

Anyway, I picked up Song of Gold and Darkness (and Blades of Heros) last week. I have played 3 dungeon crawls so far. This is great stuff. After 2 games I pretty much have the rules in my head. It is really awesome when you dont have to keep rule checking and just move your figures and delve into the dungeon. The fact that I got to use all my poor neglected minis is great.

I will be doing a review soon I just wanted to throw this post up. If you are looking for a solo dungeon crawling game and already have some miniatures (or you want an excuse to buy some) pick up this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzych Kowalczyk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a slightly different note, I bought Ravenloft to play both it and this
The biggest problem with SoG&D for me was the fact that, while the rules are nice and cheap, they require a number of other stuff to play - dungeon tiles/maps, miniatures/counters for the monsters and heroes, etc. While I am a miniature painter and collector, I simply do not have enough variety in my collection (especailly in the monster department) to play an enjoyable dungeon crawl.

Ravenloft is a pretty cool game in its own right. It is also a brilliant source of components for other games - the modular tiles allow for the creation of varied dungeon maps for SoG&D, while multiples of typical 'dungeon-style monsters' (albeit with a bit of an undead focus) nicely filled the gaps in my collection.

What I'm saying is that, for me, it wasn't a question of having one or the other, but a matter of killing two birds with one stone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.