Captain Ameritrash
United States
Statesboro
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
AFC
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I just missed this somewhere, but does the Fire Demon's immunity to missiles protect it from the Wizard's Drain Energy and Chain Lightning spells? Since the Drain Energy & Chain Lightning spells use the yellow missile disc to resolve, but are not traditional missile attacks in the same way as an arrow, throwing axe or Magic Missile, there is some ambiguity here. The card text states "Unaffected by missiles", which could be read to include spell effects as well as traditional missiles.
We ruled that the Drain Energy spell would still work, and Chain Lightning has not come up in play yet, but I'd love to get others' opinions and/or an official ruling. Anybody wanna weigh in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i believe it shows the missile icon, correct? the way we played it, the demon is immune to any attack with that same icon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Ameritrash
United States
Statesboro
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
AFC
mbmbmbmbmb
yegods wrote:
i believe it shows the missile icon, correct? the way we played it, the demon is immune to any attack with that same icon.

The Drain Energy and Chain Lightning cards show the icon, but the Fire Demon card does not have the missile icon, only the "Unaffected by Fireball and missile shots" text. That's where the ambiguity lies - if it said "Unaffected by (fireball icon) and (missile icon) shots, then there would be less wiggle room for interpretation. Or maybe that's just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fire Demon is unaffected by any type of missile and fireball shots, including the Wizard's spells. -- Aron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Ameritrash
United States
Statesboro
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
AFC
mbmbmbmbmb
@Aron-
Cool. Thanks very much for the quick response, and for the great game, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.