Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roderick Schertler
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are available ships and castillos limited to the tokens supplied with the game, or should substitutions be used if necessary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
No idea really, and I'm quite sure the game is too old for a definitive ruling to exist somewhere (meaning that even if there was one, it was pre-widespread Internet). Ships don't give you too many points so they are unlikely to run out in any case; and since it is very important to annoy your opponents by 'overloading' their caballero cards the castillos hardly run out too. If they don't the game is played in a very weird way.

I'm inclined to say that the supply is without limit, but that in practice you never need extra tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
I've always assumed the castillos and ships were limited to the counter mix. As to using them, I've never seen more than 4-5 castillos in use at one time. The ships however run out by turn 5 or 6, if you're playing the game smartly. You can make just as many points from the sea as the land if you use the ships wisely.I've beat many a newbie who gave fishing short shrift.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivo Hunink
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the english rules is stated "Place the Castillos, the Ships, a Score sheet and a pencil on the table. Return 4 Ships and 4 Castillos to the box - these are used in the expanded game.".

I think they added this rule to make sure the amount of Ships and Castillos is limited.

What do you reckon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.