United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a HUGE Veggie Tales fan (if you don't know what veggie tales are http:/www.bigidea.com). My husband bought me the only Veggie Video I didn't have for V-day. (An Easter Carol).

I was watching the preview for their up coming shows... and they have one coming out in Nov called "Lord of the Beans".

Yes it is a total parody on Lord of the Rings. The preview starts out...

"From the peaks of Mountsnowia, to the rasberry forest, to the town of flobbiton.... an evil army of sporks are looking for the ONE bean, the bean of power... but the bean is in the hands of the most unlikely flobit, Todo Baggiepants..."

Well at that point in the preview I was laughing so hard I was litterally falling off of the couch and I could hardly see the rest of the preview my eye were filled with tears of laughter.

I don't know if there are any Veggie Tales fans on this site or not but I do know that there are Lord of the Rings fans and I thought... hey even if they have never heard of Veggie Tales someone might get a kick out of the "Lord of the Bean".

I couldn't find a preview online, I could only find that you can preorder it from Amazon, but they don't have any info on it. So right now the only way I know to see the preview is to watch it on the DVD for "An Easter Carol".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Green is the colour, football is the game; we're all together, and winning is our aim!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alllright!
Sweeeeeeet. I can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey another Veggie Fan.

They have 3 shows coming out this year.

"Duke and the Great Pie War" - Based on the story of Ruth - March
"Minisota Cuke" - Parody of Indiana Jones - August
"Lord of the Beans" - Nov.

Maybe in March I can get it as a Easter gift, August is my Birthday and Nov is our Wedding aniversary. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eileen Duffy
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're big fans in this house. We're not Christian, but the videos are fun, and you can't beat the messages.

LorR? I'm so there.

sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what I love about VeggieTales... they are done to such a good quality and they are not OVERLY religeous that even non-Christians can enjoy them. Most of the Christian Movies out there are very poorly done and too preachy for anyone to really enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay, Veggietales! My kids have outgrown them, but I still love them and will rent the new videos.
My first avatar here at the geek was Pirate Lunt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, if there is a "Lord of the Beans" it is a MUST BUY for our household.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kelly
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great!
I am totally looking forward to that now. Thanks for the info. I always have a VT on hand at school to pop into the VCR. I love them and my students do too! When I first introduced them at school other teachers looked at my quizically, but now the librarian order all the new releases. I too like the preaching without overkill on the message. Their parodies are brillant in using pop-culture reference and setting it deeply into the theme. The St. Patrick story on Sumo of the Opera was hilarious and I laughed extra hard because I had studied dark age Ireland. I am very glad to hear a LOTR parody is in the works!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had seen that Duke and the Great Pie War was coming out soon, but that's about it. Can't wait for the LotB.

My 2 year old is a big "Bob and Larry" fan. I started collecting them when they first came out and we have all of them. (Yes, they started coming out over 10 years ago and my son is only 2. So what. meeple)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't even have any kids and I have them all.. granted I didn't know about them till college (1996) so my collection started a little later than yours, but I think Veggie Tales transends age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.