Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Tiger Unleashed!! er... um... yawn.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Digiovanni
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As I'm sure many of you are aware by now (at least those of you that were actively following RnR Games "Unleash the Tiger" teaser campaign), the Tiger in question is nothing more than an electronic hide'n'seek game. Whoop de doo.

In trying to reconcile this with all the hype the guy from RnR was giving this amazing new game, I have to remember the content and tone of his geekspeak interview. He's not all that concerned with making a deep gamer's game. He's shooting for the MASS MARKET. And looking at it in that light, I'd have to say he's probably going to make a fortune off of this.

It's simple. It's interactive. It's got a neat theme. It'll kill.

That said, it's still disappointing news for 99% of BGGers. Unless we have little kids. But it's not a game for us. And it was a little disingenuous for RnR to pump it up as if it would be something adults would be interested in. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of you sick people out there that will find some, um, unorthodox uses for this game.

Anyway, as I said in the subject...

YAWN...

Dark Piranha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
YES!
...as you so neatly put it "...an ELECTRONIC 'Hide & Seek' Game!" that could 'possibly' be PLAYED with, by attendees at 'BAND Camp'! So I wonder...does 'this' have a HUMMING setting?
robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lopez
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get off my lawn!
badge
The explanation: Impossible Triangle + TW (my company initials) = my logo.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. Is hide and seek a game or an activity? I am surprised by what it turned out to be (surely not the core BGG style "game"). But, as you said, this could end up being *huge* and I have to give him points for using the BGG meme for marketing. If not for your message I wouldn't have known the tiger was "unleashed".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Morris
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to be kidding....
This is a toy and nothing more. There's no game here, and I doubt many parents are going to fall for this one. I can see it now:

"Mom! I need a hide and seek tiger!"

"How much"

"$34.95"

"What does it do?"

"It's to play hide and seek... "

"No. Go play with the X-Box."

Even if said parent does pick one up, the kid will have fun hiding it for about an hour, get bored and go play a game on the X-Box/PC/Console of choice.

I hate to say it, but I think we've all been "marketed".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.