4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Gaming with non gamer relatives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
What games do you whip out, when having annual family gatherings ?

Usually these games would require little explanation and player should be able to jump in immediately,

Games like Incan Gold do come to mind and Pikomono to, however these are usually seems to be push your luck games, are these the only type of games suitable for the said occasion ?

What about gamess like the soon-to-be release wok star?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Plaatsvervangende Schaamte
badge
mbmbmb
At my family gatherings, we play a lot of traditional card games (spades, hearts, auction pitch), dominoes (game depends on number of players, either mexican train or what my family calls 'Fives' for two), dice games (Farkle), and trivia/party games.

My dad and I will play chess, Proteus, and GIPF.

I have been thinking that Dixit would work in a group setting. I have had good luck introducing Haggis and Lost Cities to people that are more into traditional games, and will probably bring them along this holiday. Maybe Ingenious would play well with my domino loving family...

I have noticed that my family is resistant to learn games with many rules, so that tends to limit what I will bring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had crazy good luck with Friday the 13th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.