Subject: take over questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I wasn't sure about whether if the agitator can take over an enemy and get it's bonus if it is beside a module or an hq.

ie, agitator takes over a shotgunner beside the new york hq, does the taken over unit keep the toughness bonus or lose it?
- same thing if i take over a Smart unit with a mother module connected to it, does it get multiple shots?

The reason i'm wondering this is because the zman edition says the taken over unit becomes 'friendly' to you, so i interpret it as an ally unit that you control as opposed to a vegas unit.

anyone know a good (official???) answer? perhaps in another translation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mierz
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The taken over unit is treated as a Vegas unit, so it uses Vegas modules and HQ powers, not its original army's modules and HQ powers. So the mere act of taking over could even instantly kill a wounded NY unit that's only alive because of the HQ's ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
thanks for the quick response. That's how I thought it should be played, but I am simultaneously a little disappointed as Vegas can have quite a bit of trouble in 2 player, nevermind multi. if it worked the other way around (where it used enemy bonuses), the agitator might tip things enough to make Vegas really scary.

PS, wish the guards had even a single vector melee attack, having 6 offensive units in your whole army outside of taken over units can get difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
another question,

i had an occasion where my NY unit was netting the vegas hq. In battle, he killed the netter during init phase 3, releasing the hq to take over my shotgunner directly in front of it.

I'm guessing that vegas now gets to spin my shotgun guy as normal and use him for init phase 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. The unit can be rotated immediately after the battle, before the next player's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Does the shotgunner of mine get to shoot the released vegas hq that is pointing at him then, since the effects of the hq takes place after battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - Water from an Ancient Well
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NDjunkie wrote:
Does the shotgunner of mine get to shoot the released vegas hq that is pointing at him then, since the effects of the hq takes place after battle?

Sure, as long as it's not in the same phase that the hq gets released. You said the net fighter got killed in phase 3, and your shotgun fires in phase 2, so that works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Being daft here, but if the takeover effect of the vegas hq only kicks in after the battle even if it was released in the battle, why should matter if it was released in the same phase as the shotgunner?

OTHER QUESTIONS!

what happens if your outpost unit (say commando) is taken over by an agitator, and you place a scoper by the agitator...

does it:
A - allow you to 'take over' your commando, allowing it to rotate?
B - release your commando, but still retains its current facing?

Also, if you place a scoper in line of the agitator's arrow, does the scoper or agitator get taken over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.