Blue Moon: The Khind» Forums » Rules

Subject: question about laughing gas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dran pencil
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does "laughing gas" ignores all text in my opponents' cards?
does it also includes the text in character, leadership, booster and support card?
my friend said it'd not be so powerful. it can only ignore the text in character card.

does anyone know the way out?
thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes ALL text ignored. You could even play your mutant if you normally couldn't because it's text is also ignored. It is a very powerful card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dran wrote:
my friend said it'd not be so powerful. it can only ignore the text in character card.

If it only applied to character cards, it would actually mention the phrase "character cards". And neither the card nor the rules relating to ignoring do. So there's absolutely no justification for such an idea. Your friend, I think, needs a little more understanding of the nature of rules.

Quote:
does anyone know the way out?

Yes. Someone else has already noted that this isn't the case and referred to an interesting case that arises. For more on that, and other examples involving Laughing Gas and other ignoring effects, there are a number of past threads here, and the FAQ list (there's a link in the Links section of the main game entry) has pretty much all the cases you might come across (if you allow for that examples may use the other cards with ignore text effects). Look for the sections with ignore or ignoring in the title in particular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dran pencil
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks you guys.
there are so many variety in blue moon once the expansions came in and that's a good news.
however, for the new players like us still have alot to learn.

this problem happens when Khind v.s. Pillar.
Laughing Gas is so deadly for Pillar, i think.
forget about the giant caterpillars, butterflies and potions!

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dran wrote:
this problem happens when Khind v.s. Pillar.
Laughing Gas is so deadly for Pillar, i think.
forget about the giant caterpillars, butterflies and potions!

Laughing Gas is one of those cards (Brain Drain would be another, there are more) where once it is down, you need to seriously think "how am I going to win this fight?" and if the answer is either "I'm not" or "It would take a large stroke of luck" then you need a good reason not to retreat now, rather than waiting for things to get worse. The most obvious good reason is you are already three dragons down. Being already playing for two dragons may make it worth playing on, but even then you need to assess if it's hurting you more than him.

Note that I'm not saying the Pillar should automatically run away from Laughing Gas - just a large power may defeat the Khind, especially if you suspect they haven't got their gangs together yet. But it's a danger sign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.