Recommend
72 
 Thumb up
 Hide
95 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » New Zealand

Subject: Christchurch Earthquake rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys. Just touching base to check in on all of our Cantabrian gamers. I hope you're all safe and well in the wake of the earthquake and numerous aftershocks. You're all in our thoughts and prayers at the moment.

Please let us know that you're okay as and when you can.

Kia kaha.
20 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All good here David, no major damage at my place in Bishopdale. Everyone a bit shaken but OK.

About to start some gaming - hopefully my brother should be showing up soon.
24 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
All good here David, no major damage at my place in Bishopdale. Everyone a bit shaken but OK.

About to start some gaming - hopefully my brother should be showing up soon.


That's the spirit!
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tripp
New Zealand
Christchurch
Christchurch
flag msg tools
We're all fine. Can't say the same for our games though

http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic800123_md.jpg

http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic800124_md.jpg

http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic800747_md.jpg

http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic800746_md.jpg
50 
 Thumb up
0.32
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Earthquake prevented me gaming all weekend at the Uni angry
But I'm fine. And had an enjoyable enough day elsewhere anyway.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just trying to think of any games about earthquakes ... Catan: Event Cards perhaps...

10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TimT wrote:


Oh no!
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
All good here David, no major damage at my place in Bishopdale. Everyone a bit shaken but OK.

About to start some gaming - hopefully my brother should be showing up soon.


Glad to hear it, Craig. Hopefully the new house escaped damage?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TimT wrote:


Hi Tim - yes, we were thinking of you today. Quite the clean up job, it seems! I hope it doesn't prove too costly a clean up for you!

Also, your pics are going on Facebook...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Avron wrote:
The Earthquake prevented me gaming all weekend at the Uni angry
But I'm fine. And had an enjoyable enough day elsewhere anyway.


Yes, I heard that Minicon 2 got cancelled. Glad you're okay, though! thumbsup
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shortall
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
Avatar
These are the perfect times to have a boardgame with the family. Power restored by lunchtime and phone on. Have to conserve water. Our street generally unscathed but very random. Smashed windows and brick wall in carport down. Two blocks away sand has exploded through the ground in little volcanoes with water. Water pipes broken and drinking water contaminated. Chimneys down a few blocks away and some streets and drive ways cracked.

Gamer friends in Dallington have just lost power again and their backyard has gained about a foot. Fissures everywhere. Very random (a bit like some boardgames with a big luck component).

I'm thinking we need Matt Leacock.

We might learn a few tips from The Settlers of the Stone Age shake

14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tripp
New Zealand
Christchurch
Christchurch
flag msg tools
manukajoe wrote:
Just trying to think of any games about earthquakes ... Catan: Event Cards perhaps...



Seismic
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TimT wrote:


Wow, that second picture is rough.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shortall
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
Avatar
Avonside and New Brighton got hit hard. Anyone know how

Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


is getting on?

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jshortall wrote:
Avonside and New Brighton got hit hard. Anyone know how

Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


is getting on?



According to FaceBook, he's fine. Two houses in his street will have to be demolished, and water has been cut off, but he and his clan are okay. Unless I've misread it, a huge faultline was struck just 12 doors down from his house - eerily frightening stuff!
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
jshortall wrote:
Avonside and New Brighton got hit hard. Anyone know how

Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


is getting on?



According to FaceBook, he's fine. Two houses in his street will have to be demolished, and water has been cut off, but he and his clan are okay. Unless I've misread it, a huge faultline was struck just 12 doors down from his house - eerily frightening stuff!


Hi all thanks for the interest. No water as all the underground pipes in this part of Chch have broken. The ground shifted a metre a street away, and the road has lifted on Avonside Dr where we live. Our power keeps flicking off. Oh and all of us in Chch are having the aftershocks. The hardest part so far is the lack of water and toilets.
24 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:
jshortall wrote:
Avonside and New Brighton got hit hard. Anyone know how

Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


is getting on?



According to FaceBook, he's fine. Two houses in his street will have to be demolished, and water has been cut off, but he and his clan are okay. Unless I've misread it, a huge faultline was struck just 12 doors down from his house - eerily frightening stuff!


Hi all thanks for the interest. No water as all the underground pipes in this part of Chch have broken. The ground shifted a metre a street away, and the road has lifted on Avonside Dr where we live. Our power keeps flicking off. Oh and all of us in Chch are having the aftershocks. The hardest part so far is the lack of water and toilets.


oh and only game played today was Jamaica. Given the aftershocks felt like seasickness it seemed appropriate.
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:
jshortall wrote:
Avonside and New Brighton got hit hard. Anyone know how

Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


is getting on?



According to FaceBook, he's fine. Two houses in his street will have to be demolished, and water has been cut off, but he and his clan are okay. Unless I've misread it, a huge faultline was struck just 12 doors down from his house - eerily frightening stuff!


Hi all thanks for the interest. No water as all the underground pipes in this part of Chch have broken. The ground shifted a metre a street away, and the road has lifted on Avonside Dr where we live. Our power keeps flicking off. Oh and all of us in Chch are having the aftershocks. The hardest part so far is the lack of water and toilets.


oh and only game played today was Jamaica. Given the aftershocks felt like seasickness it seemed appropriate.


Glad to hear that you've kept your spirits high, Sam. Do you have any board game images to rival those of Tim's and Jesse's?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:
jshortall wrote:
Avonside and New Brighton got hit hard. Anyone know how

Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


is getting on?



According to FaceBook, he's fine. Two houses in his street will have to be demolished, and water has been cut off, but he and his clan are okay. Unless I've misread it, a huge faultline was struck just 12 doors down from his house - eerily frightening stuff!


Hi all thanks for the interest. No water as all the underground pipes in this part of Chch have broken. The ground shifted a metre a street away, and the road has lifted on Avonside Dr where we live. Our power keeps flicking off. Oh and all of us in Chch are having the aftershocks. The hardest part so far is the lack of water and toilets.


oh and only game played today was Jamaica. Given the aftershocks felt like seasickness it seemed appropriate.


Glad to hear that you've kept your spirits high, Sam. Do you have any board game images to rival those of Tim's and Jesse's?


No, mine did come down when the bookshelf ejected about 12 games. Chinatown has a slight graze on the corner of the box that it didn't have before but it's the sort of mark sloppy peeps like me make anyway.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TimT wrote:


Let us know when the insurance company does the fire sale on all the ding and dent copies . Bst wishes for the cleanup, fabulous to hear everyone is aokay.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
We're all safe and healthy here in Papanui. A stack of boardgames caused an injury when it fell on my friends Grant and Jessie, who were asleep in our spare room. It was their first night in the city, having moved here for a job.

We played four games of Stone Age - Grant and Jessie were learning.

We had power off for 11 hours on Saturday and Sunday, and no water periodically.

10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonbrice wrote:
We're all safe and healthy here in Papanui. A stack of boardgames caused an injury when it fell on my friends Grant and Jessie, who were asleep in our spare room. It was their first night in the city, having moved here for a job.

We played four games of Stone Age - Grant and Jessie were learning.

We had power off for 11 hours on Saturday and Sunday, and no water periodically.



Glad to know you're all safe, but yikes - are Grant and Jessie okay?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Minor bruises for 50% of the household.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonbrice wrote:
Minor bruises for 50% of the household.


Ouch.

Please note that my thumbs up of your post was not some sadistic act in which I revel in the suffering of others, but rather a sign of support and solidarity for the pain to ease!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
jasonbrice wrote:
We're all safe and healthy here in Papanui. A stack of boardgames caused an injury when it fell on my friends Grant and Jessie, who were asleep in our spare room. It was their first night in the city, having moved here for a job.

We played four games of Stone Age - Grant and Jessie were learning.

We had power off for 11 hours on Saturday and Sunday, and no water periodically.



Glad to know you're all safe, but yikes - are Grant and Jessie okay?


Priorities, man! Are the board games OK?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.