Subject: Combos are Hard Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt McCracken
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing a game online and Combos are Hard was in the bank. The card states you can take any 2 chips from the bank if you meet the criteria of CoH being your only action. Is the Bank considered the chips minus purple and gem/wound chips or is it all chips? I felt the reading was only the 10 chips from the Bank. I would appreciate any clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Next, set up the bank. The bank consists of stacks of all the chips players are allowed to buy during the game, but you don’t use all
the chips every game. There are 24 different Puzzle chips, each with 5 copies. Select just 10 of these 24 stacks, put them in the
bank, and leave the other 14 stacks of Puzzle chips in the
box. The bank always contains the Gem, Purple, and Wound chips.

From the 5.0 rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Walko
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
It can't rain all the time.
mbmbmbmbmb
We thought this chip was pretty strong at first, because you can buy another CoH with it and another chip. But once you realize that you don't do anything else on your turn, it seemed less powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Campbell
United States
Hesperia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So if I played a "combos are hard" on my turn could I obtain a "4gem" and a "double crash gem" from the bank? They are 2 different chips...now that seems pretty powerful...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colin langton
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yes, it's very good! But it's not brainlessly good, because you need to build up a decent amount of money (or, if you're a character like setsuki, use your early game tricks specifically to get that chip rather than build towards something else), THEN use an entire turn on it at a time when a smart opponent might be already about to kill you. It's definitely not always a better buy than a roundhouse or one of each or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.