Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: should i get space hulk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Dexter Ward
msg tools
is space hulk worth buying for 170 180 dollars or should I wait until it maybe gets rerun? I haven't played it yet, but it seems to be the type of game I like. what so you guys think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the BGG!

You may be waiting a very long time for a reprint, if there ever is one. Games Workshop has stated that their print run for the Space Hulk (third edition) (the most current one) would be the only one. Keep you eyes open here on the geek for a good price and check out local game shops in your area. I have seen posted on various forums here of many stores that are still selling copies at $99. It's a great game so I hope you can finally acquire a copy. Best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so you know, if you click this link Space Hulk (third edition) and scroll down you will the see the listing for the BGG marketplace. There are many copies for sale and if you live in the Seattle area, you can buy one for $100. The next lowest price in the US is $135, but many options and locations to choose from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game will probably never be reprinted, so don't wait for it. Here's the question - do you like fun? If you do, spend the money and get it!

In all seriousness, it's a great game for people like me who enjoy theme, dice, and tense gameplay. I'd say go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted on the forms earlier Space Hulk at Boards and Bits 109 free shipping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmidt

Ashburn
Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may have already spotted it in the deals section, but it looks like Boards and Bits is selling it for $109 including shipping.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/560984/space-hulk-3rd-editio...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want it, go ahead and get it. It'll only get more expensive in the future. However, prices near $200 are much too expensive. As everyone suggests, you can find some prices closer to $100 if you shop around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, look around online, there are some places still selling it in the $100-110 price range.

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karrde
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good fun, the minis inside are very very good and I've yet to have a game tht hasn't been tense.

Well worth the cash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Price
Guernsey
St Sampsons
Channel Islands
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another game to consider is Claustrophobia. Shorter set-up time and the "aliens" are more fun to play... and it costs only $40. If I had to pick just one, I'd pick Claustrophobia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I learned years ago if you want a game, buy it. You will only kick yourself if you pass the chance up and wish you had. The game is awesome, and I agree it will not be reprinted again for...well, maybe never. It is well worth the money. What is in the box is pure game magic.

Shazam!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Judson
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
I would say "no" for lots of reasons. All of the components and rules are available online if you want them, and the 3rd edition figures don't really work well, especially the Genestealers. (We have it, but we substituted mage knight figures for the included figures.)

On that note, I suppose if anybody is looking for a (used) copy, they could contact me by mail here. I enjoy the game very much, but not these components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.