The game has great cards but has too many rules for some of my social gamer friends. Here is a variant that simplifies the game and focuses more on the storytelling part of the game.
First discard all the action cards then play the game with the following rules:
· Number of Players: 3-6
· Each person will build a dream sequence in a row in front of himself or herself.
· Placement rules: 1) Each card in the row must be a different card type than the one before it 2) each card must match at least one sheep icon in the card preceding it.
· Shuffle the deck and deal everyone a hand of 5 cards and place one card face up in front of each player.
· On your turn, play one card from your hand unto your dream sequence according to the placement rules above. (If you have no valid cards, you discard all of your cards and draw 5 new ones as your entire turn)
· Then play another card onto someone else’s dream also according to the placement rules Draw your hand back up to five cards after you are done.
· Once you have at least 2 of each of the four types of cards, you wake up, i.e. declare your dream finished.
· Continue playing until all players have woken up. Once everyone has gone out, players take turns telling their dreams by telling a story incorporating each face up card in front of them in order.
· It's OK to invent extra people, verbs, etc. as needed to fill in the gaps, but don't go overboard, and be sure to incorporate all of the cards in your set.
· Vote on which dream is best to determine the winner.
- Last edited Sun Sep 5, 2010 2:45 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sun Sep 5, 2010 2:45 am