United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://itunes.apple.com/app/zimp/id389084186?uo=4&mt=8&at=10...

After quite a bit of time, and a lot of work, I want to let everyone know that the iPhone/iPod version of ZimP has arrived. I hope you enjoy it, and let me know what you think.

$1.99 at the iTunes store.

Thanks to Josh, my friend and programmer, and to everyone else involved in ZimP. That includes you guys, the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Dagbjer
Sweden
malmo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dosnt work on my 3gs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snapphanen wrote:
Dosnt work on my 3gs.
uh oh. Mine's a 3gs too, and it works. What's the version number?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Amateur Extra Class Ham radio Operator -- W8SDD
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone Any chance of this being ported over to the Android?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mondior wrote:
Cool! Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone Any chance of this being ported over to the Android?
It's certainly possible. I don't know anyone that programs for Android, perhaps we could find one here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd pick it up if it were on the Droid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Dagbjer
Sweden
malmo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
snapphanen wrote:
Dosnt work on my 3gs.
uh oh. Mine's a 3gs too, and it works. What's the version number?

My iphone is
4.0.2 (8A400)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Pack
Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Never tried the print and play copy before... but after testing via the free PC download version I had to buy this app. Great little game. On a note... works fine on my 3Gs w/ OS 4.0.2... hope you can get it working too.

On a side note for future updates. I'd love it if the map could be zoomed out, be easier to find way to dining room to get outside if already uncovered before the totem was found. I find since I can't see the laid map around the current location tile, I never rotate the tile to maybe make a easier layout.

In general the suggestion is to make better use of the overall space. Icons for items in inventory can be smaller at the bottom of the screen. Make the map/table area scrollable with sliding of finger, maybe even with pinch and zoom, one tile doesn't need to take almost all the width of the screen. Maybe also bring up the full action card drawn (as if you were playing with the real cards) and have the current time highlighted, then bring up the prompt re: zombie attack, item search or event that happened.

Overall this will be a fun distraction... and even more portable then a print out version. Thanks again.

EDIT: I found in the images section a screen shot from what looks to be a different mobile version of ZiMP. It has a view map button, and you can see the edges of the surrounding tiles... this would be great to fix my comments about the iOS version. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Dagbjer
Sweden
malmo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I changed Region Format to United States, and now it works. I later changed back to swedish again and it still works.

But i had also changed the language to English, and when I set that to Swedish again it stoped working.

So to get it to work I have to change format and language and I can change format back but not langauge,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Works fine on my Ipod Touch. However, you may want to change the name it is under from ZiMP to something with the actual word "zombie" in it because when I initially did my search for the app it would not come up under it's name or even zombie. I had to follow the link here to get to it. I think you will miss out on a lot of sales for people looking for zombie stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Behrenbrinker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hi All - Josh here, the guy that made the iPhone version.

A few quick things:
First: Keep the comments and feedback coming. I appreciate candid reviews, as this is my first commercial/paid iPhone application. Also, if you enjoy the game be sure to rate it on the App Store

Second: There is an undocumented feature - you can swipe the tile to rotate it (as long as you have iOS 4.0 or newer). I'm hoping to integrate this into all versions in the future.

Third: Map overview. I'm working on this one. It's a tad more difficult to pull off than I had imagined, based on the game engine and my level of knowledge of the iPhone platform. Hopefully soon

Fourth: Thanks for the input on the search terms. I will see what I can do there.

Finally: Droid. I'm working on getting up to speed on the Android platform, and hope to be able to release it there in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks,
Josh

My personal email is josh@behrenbrinker.com and I welcome all bug reports and feature requests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Pack
Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Josh,

You may want to take a peek at the interface on the first touch screen phone version made. You can even test it using flash, see half way down the page at http://www.mywiferocksproductions.com/.

Just as I mentioned regarding seeing the edges of the previous tiles, gives better feeling of the house/yard. A 'map mode' so you can search through the path of already laid house/yard tiles. I also really like how you see the cards (and still shows the current time) just as if you were playing the game.

Great start... looking forward to the updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible bug:
At graveyard, but I chose not to bury totem. I cowered in order to recover health. Then I wanted to bury the totem but I did not see an option to do this.

I need to check my copy of the rules but I thought I should be able to do the above. Instead I had to leave the tile and come back. Which is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Behrenbrinker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
@ Fluffy James - it sounds like this happened to one other user when the phone was set to a region other than US. Not sure why this is happening, but I have actually tested the game on 3.x devices (ipod touch, 3gs) and it works.

Can you check the region and see if that fixes it?

Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Behrenbrinker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
@Chris H: I'm not sure which ruleset is correct. I read the rule as you can cower at the END of your turn, but then your next turn you MUST move.
Hopefully Jeremiah can sort that out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbehren wrote:
@Chris H: I'm not sure which ruleset is correct. I read the rule as you can cower at the END of your turn, but then your next turn you MUST move.
Hopefully Jeremiah can sort that out

Looking at my rules, the answer seems to depend on which ruleset it being used.

The Cambridge Games version is clear that my interpretation is correct. This is because there is a choice of what to do each turn: move, room action, or cower.

The PnP ruleset does indicate that the first thing done each turn is moving to a different tile. This would indicate that the iPhone app is correct.

As the iPhone version does not have the "etching" tiles, it may be assumed we are using the PnP ruleset? Further there are many different versions of the PnP rules so which is being used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Behrenbrinker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
The iPhone app was written on the current version of PnP rules (whatever you can download as of right now). Only change is the foyer has two exit doors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Find the full rules for the iPhone version here. It's the rules from the PnP version of Zombie in my Pocket, which is the game developed here for iPhone. We did change, as Josh said, the number of exits on the foyer.

The CGF version is awesome, and I think you should check it out if you like the game on iPhone or as a PnP boardgame, but it's not the version best suited for iPhone, because it's best as a multiplayer game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Power
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to get it to work on my iPod Touch. I get the start up screen and then it goes to whatever Apple calls it's desktop. I've deleted and reinstalled to no avail. The last I checked, I'm on the latest version 4.something or other.

Edit:
iPod Touch
Version: 4.0.2 (8A400)
Model: MB533LL
Region: US
Language: English

Still just crashes to desktop.

FIXED: Synch issue with iPod. All apps were crashing due to incomplete updates. Re-synching and updating apps seemed to cure the problem. Glad I didn't ask for a refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Behrenbrinker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Bullseye71 wrote:
I can't seem to get it to work on my iPod Touch. I get the start up screen and then it goes to whatever Apple calls it's desktop. I've deleted and reinstalled to no avail. The last I checked, I'm on the latest version 4.something or other.

Sorry to hear that you're having problems. I will do everything I can to get it working.

Are you running with a region setting other than US? There's a bug in the current version that crashes if you're set to a region that uses a different way of displaying time.

As of this writing, I don't have an iPod touch to test with. Can you provide more detail on which hardware version you're running?

Josh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Behrenbrinker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
The update has been released. Anyone who had problems, please try again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbehren wrote:

Thanks for the update. I think the app is getting better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LetsGetTrivial wrote:
jbehren wrote:

Thanks for the update. I think the app is getting better!
I agree, it's much better like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Power
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluffy James wrote:
Thanks for the update, but ...

1. What can I do with a Can of Soda?
2. Can I disable the sounds?

Soda cans make a great piggy bank. Or you can use it to restore 2 health points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Behrenbrinker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
ROFL Fluffy. We had about 20 ppl in the other thread complaining that I didn't have the dev cards in play.

Sound can be disabled by muting the phone, currently. Next release will have a better option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.