Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hayes
Canada
Niagara Falls
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state, I'm pretty sure, that in the non combat move you may enter a friendly neutral country and activate their reserves with the forces of your choosing.. This became a problem in today's game, not for me I think I played it brilliantly. UKE brought their transports, two of them into Italian waters and dropped off one infantry in Greece, and one into Yugoslavia. I opted to have the reserves represented by ANZAC. Now, since the Germans were concentrating on going for Moscow there were no troops in the three territories to the north of Yugoslavia and since ANZAC get to go before Germany or Italy they walked into these territories for 10 IPC's. One might argue that the places should have been defended, and since I personally profited from it I tend to agree, but it seems almost like getting two turns in a row, I wonder if the rule should read that the non combat force that enters a Friendly neutral should be the forces represented by the reinforcements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the troops should be uk troops since uk moved in. I don't think they can just be represented by Anzac.

If per say Germany moved in a pro ally territory and lost to those troops, they are represented by any ally nation but cannot move until a formal ally nation moves in and assumes the territory. Anyway that's my understanding of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian C.
Netherlands
Lepelstraat
flag msg tools
Scared of tax admin Evil Bob?
badge
Contact Me 262 Schwalbe's GG laundry service now!
mbmbmbmbmb
The definition of a power is crucial here. UK and ANZAC are seperate powers (see page 32 of the rulebook).

Page 10 of the rulebook, Friendly Neutrals paragraph:
"The units placed belong tot the power that now controls the formerly neutral territory" (the power that moved in troops in non-combat move), "and may be used freely at the beginning of the power's next turn".

Power UK invaded Yugoslavia. Therefore: the activated units in Yugoslavia can be UK units only and may be used on the UK's next turn only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hayes
Canada
Niagara Falls
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I thought I read that any troops could be placed, perhaps that is only when, say, the Axis invades a pro allies country, that any powers units could be placed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, under those conditions any Allied power's units will do, as no Allied power will gain control of the territory until it moves units in. At that point, whatever units were placed there originally can be switched with the new controller's units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hayes
Canada
Niagara Falls
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I really muffed that one up, it seemed wrong at the time too, as it was a really good advantage.
blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.