Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Cotterill
United Kingdom
Whitton
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
Has anybody who pre-ordered this through Book Depository uk received it yet?
I've checked their website and apparently it's still out of stock or waiting awaiting release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Nicholls
United Kingdom
Redruth
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
after reading negative stuff about book dep. i went with mythreal online. delivered cost was £42.49, the cheapest i could find - came the day after ordering too... i know the prices will drop, but the whole book dep. way of working seems dodgy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elric de Melniboné
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered Ravenloft and Wrath and I haven´t received any answer yet
(preorder through book depository.com)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cotterill
United Kingdom
Whitton
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bum!
I hope this wasn't a mistake.
I've only got until Wednesday to raise a dispute through PayPal - it being a pre-order and all.soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Higginbottom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have pre-orderes WoA. After seeing all the negative comments I emailed Book Depository for a comment. All they offered me was to cancel my order.

Quote:
Hi. I have placed a pre-order for Dungeons of Dragonfire Mountain due to be published in November. Will you assure me that I will receive this order on the release day or at the very least it will be posted to me on the release day. I am very concerned about the number of people who pre-ordered Castle Ravenloft from you and who have not received their orders or even an estimated delivery date from you. You can see for yourself the level of anger generated by this on the BoardGameGeek forums:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/559402/book-suppository-...

This level of discontent with your service causes me a great deal of concern.

Yours sincerely

Mark Higginbottom

On 4 Sep 2010, at 11:46, "The Book Depository Ltd" wrote:

Dear Mark,

Your order was a pre-order and we are dependent on our suppliers as to when we receive the title. I’m afraid at the present time we are unsure when we will get the title from our suppliers. We can cancel your order, if you’d like?

Kind regards,

Meghan,

Meghan van Zyl
Customer Advisor
The Book Depository Ltd

No I don't want to cancel my order at the moment. I would like an assurance that I will revieve my order within a reasonable time scale of the release date. When will you know when a delivery is possible and will you be informing me of that possible delivery date as soon as possible? However I do think that you should not have debited my credit card for a preorder. You should have waited until you have a concrete delivery date.

Do you have any comment about the number of people dissatisfied with their preorders of Castle Ravenloft?

Mark

Sent from my iPod

Still waiting on a reply to that laast email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cancelled my order. They hadn't even realized the game was pushed back to Aug 31, and had no idea when they would get them. I just sent a request through their contact form and asked for them to cancel my preorder. Got a reply the next day and my money refunded to paypal. You don't have to go through paypal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had pre-ordered it over 6 weeks ago, but lost my nerve last Friday. I phoned them (01452 307905) and found out that they don't know when they will have it in stock, so I canceled it and have the money refunded, then ordered from elsewhere.

PS Having said that, I have purchased from the 'Suppository' before, and it was ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also enquired and been told that they don't know when the game will be in stock, but that they hope it'll be soon - that they are dependent on their suppliers.

My order was made strictly to take advantage of the price rather than the original advertised delivery date, so I'm happy enough to wait to save £10 - £20. If I see it at a comparable price elsewhere (£34) then I'll cancel, but until then will patiently play other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us know what happens, as it may prove helpful concerning pre-orders of Wrath of Ashardalon later this year.
At least I'll have CR already, so I might survive the longer wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cotterill
United Kingdom
Whitton
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the feedback, folks.
I decided to cancel and sent my email today.
I can't be arsed with slow suppliers.
Once I have the money back I'll probably try Mythreal as Nathaniel suggests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to wait a while. It's not like I don't have enough games to play in the meantime. but if it does turn out to be an example of "bait and switch" advertising, I'll be one of the first to complain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
They are probably getting it the same date as every other major book store sept 21st. Don't blame them blame wizards for having 3 separate release dates depending on how they decide to classify each store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Book Depository have just notified me that they have the game in stock and will be shipping it real soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Book Depository have just notified me that they have the game in stock and will be shipping it real soon.
Yeah noticed that yesterday, and they have even cut the price some more. Weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.