Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Miller
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys and gals has anyone else had an issue with the new Duel of the Giants other than me. I love Z-man games we have just about everything on the market but what is it about the duel series. two years ago I got a bad duel in the dark, which was corrected and now yesterday I got my Duel of the giants from coolstuffinc and was madly disappointed again. the contents were a bit messed up they still seem to be having moisture issues with the contents or packaging. it was bad enough that the staples rusted staining some of the materials and some of the contents pealed including the inside of the box where the decal applied. I had this on pre-order for some time and was really disappointed, it wasn't as bad as the duel in the dark no smell this time, but still when paying 43.99 and shipping it can be cause for alarm when thing are not right. I don't understand whats going on like I said, I own just about everything Z-man has on the market and never had an issue. Agricola and wasabi awesome games and good quality the kids love them but what happened to the duels. These are great concepts even greater games we've play the hell out of duel in the dark. guys if your reading this please keep producing these type of games but change manufactures. I pre-order most games as soon as they post to order, trust in a company is important and it's no fun waiting to purchase a product just to see if it's contents are up to standards
Russ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Standerline
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes my copy shows definite signs of damp - rusty staples, rules a bit cold and odd feeling and nasty white marks on the stuka model. Perhaps the main clue was that there was a packet of silica in the box when I opened it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Tremble
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
My Game didn't get dragged through the swamp ! So I'm happy with it !
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of the game has just arrived today (to Poland). Inspection of the contents doesn't show any faults or defects. Every piece of the game is in a perfect shape. The board lies flat, the punch-out elements are decent. Just a top-notch Freiedemann's standard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nightbomber wrote:
My copy of the game has just arrived today (to Poland). Inspection of the contents doesn't show any faults or defects. Every piece of the game is in a perfect shape. The board lies flat, the punch-out elements are decent. Just a top-notch Freiedemann's standard

+1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Paul Hopkins
United Kingdom
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
badge
Paulie "Numbers" Hopkini - "Nothing Personal"
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy has a Tiger tank turret missing (emailed them for a replacement) other than that the rest of the components are very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, sorry to hear you guys have had trouble. For once I was lucky. There have been no problems with moisture (though I applaud the notion of putting a moisture-absorber in games nowadays on general principles).

I can't help but wonder if the problem has something to do with conditions involving the container, if transported on a container ship, or in an air-freight container that might have been exposed to rainy conditions during loading or unloading.

At what point are these game boxes actually shrink-wrapped--before shipping to distributors, or after? And how long after collation are the completed games shrink-wrapped? Perhaps more timely wrapping would eliminate the problem.

My only trouble with "Giants" is that the tanks want to fall apart--the upper hulls/turrets drop the lower hull/tracks off sometimes when picked up.

Easily remedied with a little glue, of course, but disconcerting the first time or two it happened. Exploding tanks?! I had one of these when I was a kid (bought through a comic-book ad) but you had to shoot a projectile from a spring-loaded launcher and hit the tank on a target shield to trigger the rubber band-powered "exploder" lever.

The tank was actually a pretty nice little M-26, as I recall . . . . still have it in a box somewhere, and that was from almost fifty years ago . . . . oh gosh, listen to me going off on a tangent, I really am getting old . . . . sorry.

P.S. For those who might like to fancy-up their game with painted/numbered tanks, "World Tank Museum" miniatures exist in matching 1/144 scale for both T-34/76b's and Tigers--and the turrets rotate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Ford
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a copy through Amazon today. Unfortunately, it included the rusted staples and unpleasant smell expansion. I am going to return it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.