Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fourth solo using each hero in turn. Time for the Cleric. Even with the recommended powers, he looked awesome.

He was.

The Cleric basically strode through the entire dungeon in a straight line, smiting all critters and drawing strength from each success. Healing Strike giving him 1 HP back on every successful hit. Strahd had no time to wake up.

Had one nasty situation with a Spider, Zombie and Wraith close by, but his daily Beacon of Hope killed the Spider and Wraith and he skipped away from the Zombie.

A word on that bit part player. That darn zombie appeared on turn 2 and followed the Cleric all the way through the map. He often got adjacent in terms of squares, but never quite caught the Cleric on his own tile. Very amusing story there - maybe he only had one leg!

Thoughts from this game...

Only took maybe 25 minutes - so getting a lot quicker with the flow and mechanics.

Some nice moves can be carried out using the encounters and powers. Lots of options and combos which can work very well or very badly. I really like it, even solo. I can imagine that there are a LOT of synergies with multiple heroes.

The Cleric was AMAZING. A far better prospect than anything so far. His Healing Strike is extremely good. Explore - monster appears - attacks and hits or misses - Healing Strike and kill monster, regaining the lost hit point from the monster's attack. Very, very useful almost every turn.

He seems a better tank that the fighter.

All good so far. Now onto the Rogue. Looks kinda funky. Let's find out...

Regards,

Fentum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Bedlam
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
I found the Rogue's "Deft Strike" ability to be insanely useful. It's an at-will, so you can use it every turn.

"Before the attack, move two squares and attack." Half the time, you'll kill a monster as soon as it appears. Regrettably, this does not work well at all against wraiths...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr.Bedlam wrote:
I found the Rogue's "Deft Strike" ability to be insanely useful. It's an at-will, so you can use it every turn.

"Before the attack, move two squares and attack." Half the time, you'll kill a monster as soon as it appears. Regrettably, this does not work well at all against wraiths...

Doesn't sound like you're using this right. Deft Strike is an attack and as such can only be used during the Hero phase. You can't use it to interrupt a monster's attack during the Villain phase.

The phrasing "before the attack" means before your attack, not before a monster's attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Bedlam
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Oopsie...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.